Chapter 1

Author's POV

The loud thud erupted inside the huge office of the most prominent and wealthy businessman named Kim Namjoon. He locked his deepest glare towards the woman in front of him, who was supposedly his secretary, because of a small mistake that she made.

Meanwhile, the woman flinched after hearing the sound created when her boss slammed the table furiously. What happened? All she did was to type and type all night to build up a 'perfect' report for her boss' upcoming meeting with a foreign investor tomorrow, but she messed up with one jumbled word that she mistyped because of drowsiness. Well, maybe not once, not twice, but a lot.

"S-Sorry, Mr. Kim. I w-will retype everything and give you a p-perfect report for your meeting tomorrow." She stuttered while hanging her head to hide the frown and the blush of embarrassment that she's having.

"For goodness sake, Ms. Park! Are you that stupid that you can't do anything perfectly without repeating it twice, huh? What kind of secretary is dumb enough to make the same trash all over and over again?!" The boss exclaimed while slamming the table, making the poor woman flinch again.

'That's it, I had enough!' She told herself as her hands turned into fists, knuckles getting white. Facing the fuming bull in front of her, with a stoic expression, she thought of something that she should've done before.

"With all due respect, Mr. Kim, I worked hard all night and day, just to create your so-called 'perfect' speech and reports for every meeting that you attended, without complaining how tired and drained I am. Ever since I started working as your secretary, I have been sacrificing a lot of things for myself just to do my very best to reach your satisfaction in every work situation. I even sustained myself in all of the harsh complaints and treatment you've given me that made me lose my dignity in front of all the workers here. Never ever have I experienced being treated fairly from you. So don't you dare call me 'stupid' just because you are in a higher position than me or wealthier than me. That doesn't make you any higher, you're just showing how low you are with your aggressive and cruel personality. Anyways, don't worry, Mr. Kim, because I will do everything to make this 'trash' into something valuable. Excuse me." She stated without releasing a single breath, only after she spoke, and bowed to the man who was just left there dumbfounded with his mouth slightly agape with his secretary's sudden rant, while watching her leave the office.

That's the first time that someone had the guts to answer him back, and it did hit him like a bulldozer. No one dares to mess up with their coldhearted boss, Mr. Kim Namjoon, except his parents and his closest friends, but this lady just did.

He slowly sat down and his gaze roamed until it landed on the small glass wall that is dividing his office to his secretary's desk. He noticed that the woman's shoulders were shaking vigorously, hands were cupping her face to hide it, showing that she's crying after that harsh encounter with her boss, and it somehow pinched a small guilt on Namjoon's heart.

*****

Later on that day, she hasn't been approaching her boss after what happened. Only if necessary and if it is related to business matters. She even told herself to bear with the upcoming consequences of her own actions towards him. Oh how she badly regrets every little word that escaped her mouth!

The whole time that she was in front of her computer in the office, only one solution was knocking on her head. A solution that she might or might not regret after doing so. Four years of working under that monstrous boss of hers made her through a lot of hardships at such a very young age, but she didn't experience unfairness of salary from this company.

"You're so stupid! Stupid, stupid, stupid!" She whined while slapping her cheeks repeatedly until someone stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"My goodness, Seoyeon! Stop slapping yourself or else I'll slap you instead." Eunhye warned, glaring over her poor friend who is about to cry again, and suddenly felt sorry for her sorrowful state.