Chapter 2

Seoyeon's POV

(He What?!)

I pulled my phone away from my precious ear after being yelled at by my best friend. I was telling her about this morning, when Taehyung walked with me, more like we went in the elevator together, and when he asked me out for lunch. Eunhye was so ecstatic with the thought that Taehyung is asking me for a date but I don't want to assume that much.

"Can you tone down your voice, eonnie? Besides, it's not a date, just lunch." I whisper yelled and received a playful laughter from her.

(Okay, goddess! By the way, have fun on your "friendly date" later with Mr. Kim Taehyung!)

I just rolled my eyes but the smile is still evident on my lips. After some chit-chat and bidding goodbye, I arranged my stuff and belongings since it's already lunch time soon and Taehyung will be here any minute now. While doing my business, I didn't realise the pair of eyes that were staring at me until I heard a fake cough from the one who owns them.

"Taehyung, you're here." I smiled and he gave me his famous boxy grin as well.

"Of course, I won't let a lady wait. Are you done now?" I nodded and picked up my bag before stepping outside my desk.

As we walked towards the elevator, a deafening silence crawled between us. It's not awkward though, just right.

"Seoyeon?" He suddenly called and I just hummed in return. "How's things going between you and my brother? Is he being harsh to you?" His voice was filled with concern and that made me stop from walking.

"Why did you ask?" I furrowed my brows but only to receive a soft stare from him.

"I know my brother more than anyone else, Seoyeon. And I know how mean he could be too. I'm just worried that you might be experiencing too much from him."

I can see a bit of pain and concern in his eyes so I just beamed a bright smile to lighten up the atmosphere.

"I'm fine, Taehyung. Mr. Kim might be the meanest man I've ever met," He chuckled at my remarks towards his brother and so I continued, "He is still my boss and I respect him. But I believe that behind those monstrous behaviour, there lies a kind gentleman in him."

"Thank you for believing in him, also for staying. I'm sure that you're aware of how many times he had a change of secretaries before you came. I hope that you could stay longer as his secretary because you've been with him the longest." He stated with a glimpse of hope in his tone so I just nodded my head and we continued to walk.

With what he said, my plan on resigning was getting trashed little by little. The fact that Mr. Kim didn't even fire me is also reminding me that maybe I should stay a little longer. These thoughts were surrounding my mind until the ting of the elevator caught me up. I just shrugged off the thought and followed Taehyung out of the building, only to be stopped by a squealing yell of my name. Without hesitation, I roamed my eyes until it landed on the person who was calling me.

"Ms. Park! Ms. Park!" She cheerfully squealed while running towards me with her hands wide open, ready for a hug.

I could hear her nanny scolding her for running but she didn't even listen to her. With my sweetest smile, I bent down to welcome her with a tight hug but it seems like she wants to be carried, because she quickly clung herself on me like a baby panda, and so I did.

"Hello, Ms. Park! I missed you!" She gleefully greeted and hugged me around the neck with her cute arms.

"I missed you too, sweetie."

She pulled away and cupped my face with her small palms, a smile plastered on her lips. It's just funny how Mr. Kim's powerful features are so prominent on his daughter's innocent face. The brown orbs, cute and boopable nose, rosy pink lips, and most especially, her dimples. Without a second thought, I booped her nose and it made her giggle cutely.