Chapter 3

Author's POV

Yesterday, although the lunch didn't go as planned as Taehyung wanted, he's still happy that he finally got to eat with her. He was delighted that he managed to ask her to another lunch later today.

But at the moment, the Kim brothers are having their early breakfast at their house. They never skipped breakfast together for that is what their parents taught them.

"Hyung, can I ask you something?" Taehyung suddenly questioned in the middle of a silent meal.

"You're already asking, so continue." Namjoon replied without sparing him a glance.

"When are you going to open your heart to someone?" He asked nonchalantly and it made Namjoon stop from eating.

"Why did you ask? Are you sick of staying here with us?" Namjoon snickered as he took a bite of his food. "You are free to live in any apartment or condominium you want if you are planning to leave the house." He added.

"Living with you and Hwayoung isn't a problem for me, because I love the both of you. I'm just concerned about my niece, hyung." He paused for a moment, "She's starting to grow even more and sooner, she'll definitely look for someone to call as her mother. Also, she opened something to me one day, hyung. She said that she's envious of her classmates in kindergarten, because their mother would fetch them after school while she's just being fetched by her nanny and driver." Taehyung stated with a frown.

You can see that it pains him to remember his niece's story, and it also made Namjoon feel bad because Hwayoung never opened that to him. He may have the capability to give everything to Hwayoung, but he knows that he cannot give her a mother's love on his own.

"I don't know, Taehyung..." Namjoon sighed. "I want to give Hwayoung the mother that she needs and deserves, but I couldn't just let Seyoung go. My love for her is too much for someone to surpass it." He then released a shaky breath as tears well in his eyes on remembering his late beloved wife.

"Hyung, give yourself a chance to love again and give others a chance to love you as well. I know that I will never understand the pain you are feeling for losing noona, but I won't stop trying to help you get through it. Why don't you loosen up a bit? Bond more with Hwayoung than letting yourself drown in your paperworks." He suggested with an encouraging smile and sympathy in his eyes.

"I'll consider that, Taehyung. Thank you." Namjoon smiled at him, and it made Taehyung smile as well to see his hyung slowly getting back to his original self. "By the way, you have another lunch with Ms. Park, right?" He suddenly asked and Taehyung nodded happily to him. "Then let me set up a nice place for the two of you, especially Hwayoung and I ruined it yesterday."

"Really, hyung?" Taehyung squealed in excitement. "Aish, but you and Hwayoung didn't ruin it. My dear Seoyeonie enjoyed lunch yesterday so it's not a problem." He said with a proud grin.

"Do you really call my secretary that?" Namjoon chuckled in disbelief after hearing Taehyung's pet name for her.

"Why? It's cute!" Taehyung defended. "However, I only call her by her name when I talk to her. But once we get together, I will surely call her all the sweet endearments I know." He assured him as he ate the last spoon of his meal.

"As if my secretary will be in a relationship with you." Namjoon teased with a smirk, making Taehyung pout like a child. "If I know, my secretary likes someone who is not you. I bet she likes someone prominent and intelligent." He joked and received a glare from his brother.

"Someone prominent? Who? You?" Taehyung raised a brow and looked at Namjoon as if he was degrading him. "Seoyeon won't love someone with that kind of attitude of yours, hyung. She likes someone who is caring, sweet, kind, gentleman, and handsome like me." He bragged nonchalantly and Namjoon just shook his head with an amused smile on his face.