Chapter 20

Aiden looked down at me with both fear and amazement.

“Let's not tell anybody,” I whispered.

                           Aiden nodded.

“I think that that would be best,” He answered.

“We'll tell them that they retreated as well.” I said with a frown.

“And we will tell them the truth about Olivia,” Aiden added, “they took her before she could escape.”

                           I looked down at the ground. I had forgotten that Aiden had even been injured until I realized that he was walking strangely to avoid letting his shirt touch his wound.

“Here,” I said, taking a strip of fabric from the bottom of his shirt.

                           I tied it tightly around his stomach so that he didn't lose too much blood on the walk back.

“I’m sorry,” he strained, “I would teleport back, but I can’t. I don’t have enough strength.”

“Don’t worry about it. It’s not that far of a walk,” I replied with a smile.

                           When we reached the door, we were engulfed in the arms of everybody.

“We thought you were both dead!” Christine shouted happily.

                           Everyone laughed and talked about how scared they’d been, but Laura stood up.

“Where's Olivia?” she shouted.

                          I looked up at Aiden for help.

                  “She stayed back to fight, and I told her to run,” I struggled to find words, “She did as I said and they took

                   her. It was my fault, I’m so sorry.”

                           Laura’s eyes saddened, but she didn't speak another word. She stumbled back to her seat and buried her head in her arms. I could see her body shake up and down as she cried, and I left her alone.

                           We all migrated into the living room to talk.

“What happened to them all?” Katie asked, “Did you take them all out on your own?”

“No,” I laughed, “They retreated once they had Olivia. It just took us a while to walk back. Aiden was bitten pretty badly on the side by a wolf.”

                           Katie stood up and pulled Aiden to the bathroom.