Chapter 23

I woke up more tired than I had been when I went to sleep. I sighed, and I recapped the events in my new nightmare. All I wanted was for them to stop, but it seemed like I had another new nightmare every night. I was beginning to get tired of them all.

                           I pulled my hair back into a messy bun, and I spent the day cleaning. I felt bad that my dad was supporting so many people, and I wanted to surprise him with a perfect house when he arrived at home.

                           I waited patiently for him to walk through the door, but when he did, he didn't even notice that I had cleaned. He just walked straight past me and to his bedroom. I sighed. He’d made himself so scarce lately that I was beginning to miss him. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch with Katie.

                           She glared at me and rolled her eyes. I tried to make sense of her attitude. Could she be angry because I kissed Logan? Was I ever going to get past the repercussions of a fun night of playing card games and spin the bottle? I wasn't the only person that kissed him so why was I getting all of the hate?

                           I stood up and walked up the stairs to Izzy and Christine’s room.

“Eww, get out man stealer,” Izzy spat when she saw me enter.

“Remember who’s house you’re living at,” I growled icily, before turning to Christine, “I take it Katie is mad at me then?”

                           Christine nodded.

“Why?” I asked angrily, “I didn't do anything wrong!”

“You kissed her boyfriend twice,” Christine said rudely.

“We were playing spin the bottle. What was I supposed to do?”

                           I spent a few more minutes arguing about it before I just gave up. If Katie wanted to be mad at me for something I didn't do, she could go ahead.

                           I confined myself to my room watching movies on my computer for the remainder of the day. I didn't want to accidentally bump into Katie or Logan. God forbid Katie tell Aiden that Logan and I had a ‘thing’ for each other. I had never even talked to him before.

                           Eventually, I had to go downstairs to get food. Mary Lynette sat happily at the table reading.

“Hey Mary,” I said as I went into the fridge for food.

“Hey Alex,” she replied without putting the book down.

“Have you talked to your Keeper lately?” I asked, “Do you know when he’s going to come here?”

“I have no idea. He said it should be soon though. He’s bringing his “lady friend” Meriweather as well.”