Chapter 25

There was only one week left until Christmas. Snow was a constant blanket on the ground, and I was in love with the weather. Katie was beginning to talk to me again.

                           I woke up without a nightmare again for the sixth night in a row, and I was starting to think that they were gone for good. I sat up in bed and looked outside. Snowfall initiated slowly outside of my window, and I smiled at the beautiful sky as I stood up. I moved over to my dresser and put on my casual clothes. Today was going to be another day full of cleaning. Mary Lynette walked out of the room while I was getting dressed, and I finished quickly. I followed Mary down the stairs shortly after. 

                           A few people were gathered at the table in the dining room playing cards. I smiled at them as I moved towards the dishwasher to unload it.

                           Once I finished the dishes, I stood up and started the washer.

                           I backed up and slipped on a puddle of water and fell. Right before I hit the ground, Logan caught me.

“Are you alright?” he asked as he lifted me back onto my feet.

                           Before I was fully out of his arms, Katie walked in. Her eyes widened, and she gasped dramatically. I stood up and turned to face Logan.

“Thank you,” I said.

“I think I just caused you a little more harm than good,” he laughed.

                           I smiled at him, and then left the room. I sighed as I thought about how quickly Katie would spread rumors about Logan and I. I walked into the living room and sat down next to Gaughan and Kyle.

                           Soon enough, I could hear Aiden stomp up the stairs.

“Alex,” he yelled, “I need to talk to you.”

                           I stood up and walked into the kitchen to see him. He grabbed my arm, and when I blinked we were at the lake.

                           He was so angry that I could almost see the steam leaving his head as the snow hit it.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“You know exactly what’s wrong,” he answered snidely.

                           I waited for him to continue.

“How do you expect for me to trust you if me sister keeps coming to me to tell me about how you Keeper putting yourself all over Logan?” Aiden’s voice rose tremendously.

“Are you going to trust her over me?” I yelled.

“What’s your explanation?” He inquired.

“I slipped in a puddle of water from when I was cleaning the dishes, and he caught me. As he picked me back up, your sister walked in,” I growled.

“I’m going to trust her over you,” Aiden hissed in response.

                           I stared after him as he began to walk away.