Chapter 17

Kota

14. 14, 14,14...it's been 14 days now. 2 weeks since we lost Sang. My 10. I didn't even get my chance to hang out with her. What if that's the last tim-, no! We'll find her. What am I thinking? Everyone seemed to have got their heads back in the game, last week was hectic. Everyone was on edge, every little thing set them off, North and Raven couldn't contain their anger. When we had another family meeting last night I thought we were going to create an Italian monster out of our dinner if the testosterone levels kept rising.

We went over the school funding again, and we got in contact with Mr. Crowley who was part of the school board, the superintendent. He was upset and mad at himself that he didn't notice this was going on. He was occupied in his campaign, he was running for Mayor.

We assured him that we were looking into it and that we part took in the missing girls return. He gave us his trust and to let him know if we needed anything. He didn't know how to repay us if we did succeed, and Mr. B reassured him that it's part of what we do. The council took this as a serious relationship situation for the town, and the safety of teenagers.

They knew of the situation when our first goal was to find the missing girls, and made that mission completed. They let us make this a new mission along with the JH-17+ to be stopped. And all debt would be clear along with 3 favors for each of us. That's 42 favors, more than we ever made on a single mission.

Mr. B and Axel agree to the terms. Me and Marc on the other hand objected, that we should focus on finding Sang, did they not care? Were we just going to forget about her? The rest of the guys agreed with us, yelling about how they were so 'fucking careless motherfuckers' as Gab put it. He pushed Mr. B's button with that comment.

"Enough!!! You will all have hours in the morning. If you don't tone down your language Mr. Coleman, I'll give you hours everyday and make you volunteer with training all week at the academy compound." His icy steel eyes looked upon everyone on the team, "same goes for everyone else if your temper crosses me!" I gulped mentally, he was pissed.

"Now, we accepted this mission so we can gain those favors that will need so it can help us find Miss Sorenson. We don't know where she could be, maybe out of the state or the damn country!" Mr. B sighed loudly, removing his glasses and rubbing a hand down his face. Once he place them back on he continued.

"We know how you all feel, we found this amazing bird and she got taken right under our noses. We all want her back, we all don't know what's happening to her, but we have to trust Dr. Roberts on getting herself out. We have to have faith in her. You can't do anything if your volunteering. Now, we tried our best to go forth with Miss Sorenson plan, but that just ain't working since she's not here to be the heart of it. Now we need to think like her and come up with something else, not try to rush all over the place like we did 3 weeks ago."

I knew what he was taking about, we lost a few favors trying to find those girls, only getting nothing in return. I don't know why we just jumped into the assignment like that. We thought we could have got them in 2 days tops, but that didn't happen.

"We're going to start over tonight. Everyone report things at home." Mr. B was mainly taking to North, Luke, Silas, Gabriel, Victor, and me. Nathan's dad was across seas and could care less about Nathan now. Victor's parents only cares about his money, Gabriel has his aunt that just make sure he stays out of trouble and out of her way. Silas has his dad and brother, but hardly feel like a family anymore. North and Luke have Uncle, were raised by him and they have been there for each other. Sean's mom always talked with him monthly from Japan. They others didn't have much of the family in their lives. It makes me sad that they had a hard life they had to live through. I told Mr. B things were okay at home with my mom and sister.