Chapter 19

Nathan

It was the last hour of school, and I loathe Axel for not being here. Mr. B just texted us that an issue came up that needed him and Doc's attention. Me and Silas kept trying to ignore Cheryl and Josie's pathetic flirting. I don't know how else to be more blunt, and this is getting on my last nerve.

We had about 5 mins until the bell ringed. We got a text from Axel.

Axel: family meeting tonight! Ghost had the answers.

Me and Silas looked at each other. 'did they find her?' Me and him now both wanted to run out the door. But we couldn't, not yet. We were still trying to get Rocky to be our friend. Yesterday we finally made a break through, he and some other said they wanted to hang after school, just throw the ball around on the field.

Despite the cold outside and tossing around a damn ball, Victor found something about My Peanut. And I was willing to get this over with and get back to my other brothers waiting the news.

"So Nathan, we should hang out tonight. My parents are out of town. We can watch a movie," Josie tried to make her voice husky? Sluty? I don't know, and I was really not interested. Cheryl was trying to give Silas the the same speech, tugging her tiny shirt down. Giving him a view. He just looked at her with a bored expression.

The bell ringed and we got up, Josie still trying to have us hang out, I had enough. "Look Josie, you need to stop! No offense or anything, I just don't like you! I have my eyes on someone else, sorry. I, we gotta go." With that I left her standing there, shocked faces. Some of the other students started whispering, making gossip.

Silas said something in similar to Cheryl, all we heard when we walked out the door, "you gay assholes!" This might set us back wit the cool crew, but fuck it.

We made our way to the football, some of the other guys were already there. They made friends with Silas first, telling him to join the team. Silas turned them down, but would give some pointers.

We saw Rocky and two of his goons be his side. "Alright men, who's ready to throw the pig skin around?" He said looking around the group until his eyes landed on Silas. "Yo, your Silas right? Heard you wanted to give out some pointers? I'm down."

"Yeah, I have a few tricks." Silas said, his accent thick.

"Ight let's play some ball!" Rocky yelled, I got with Silas on one team and he was showing some skill to the others. They were impressed, the hour went by fast and I wanted to shower and grab something to eat.

I wonder if North would cook steaks for dinner?

Me and Silas said bye to the guys, giving them fist bumps. Rocky came up to us, walked us off the field. "Yo, that was sick loves out there. You guys should come to the Bay, there's a party going on Halloween. I got something for you as a thanks for showing us your tricks. It'll help in the next game."

"Uh, yeah.. sure man. Where's the Bay at?" Silas asked, think it was more of his invitation but we hung out together and Rocky probably already knew I'll tag along.

"Here, this is address, and steps to get there. Heard you turned down Cheryl and Josie." He laughed while giving Silas a piece of paper. "Don't worry bro's, I gotchu. Plenty of babes at these parties, you don't have to worry about the desperate's. Will see you guys there." He turned around and walked back toward his buddies.

"Fuck, finally were getting somewhere," I said. I sighed in relief, we were one step closer to finding who is dealing or handing out the jingle jangle.

Silas grunted and stuck the paper in his pocket, "lets get back and wait for the meeting to start."

I grunted in agreement, we walked to Brandons truck and drove back to the apartment complex. I wish later was already here, Kota and Victor wouldn't tell us anything about it.