Chapter 15

Sang

When we got near the coroner’s office where the girls were being held, we needed to check if they were still here. North, Silas, Nathan, and Raven covered the front and back entrance doors, behind the tall hedges. The black van and car were in the lot. The Sun was just on the beyond the horizon of setting, the autumn sky giving this side of the Earth nothing but Oranges and purples. It will be dark very soon. Everyone was in position, and the earpiece I had in was on, the guys were waiting for my command.

Luke showed me where he got in last time, we climb the roof and opened up the vent. I signed to him to go in first and whispered, “Ghost to dogs, we’re on the move.”

I waited half a minute for Luke give me the signal to follow, “D,L,S,S,R,S,D” his voice in my ear. I went down the vent, making my weight light, and being very quiet. I followed the steps he gave me, Down the vent, crawl left, crawl strait, strait, go right, strait, I looked down and see him. He helped me down, his hands on my waist with a firm grip. I sucked in a breath, he smelled like vanilla and sugar. We looked into each other’s eyes, and I felt this connection with him. The two of us in a situation where we might be caught, but the adrenaline we feel is something we can’t live without. I think Luke is the one that can understand that part of me on a whole different level.

He let go and I slowly opened the stall door, we sneaked out of the bathroom and I turned left down the hallway where Luke said they be. The next room beside the restroom said Evidence, further down the hallway had two other doors, it was the freezer thing they store the body’s until the funeral home gets them, or they haven’t been check yet. I pushed myself against the wall when we heard voices, a deep voice said he was going to grab some dinner real quick at the gas station.

I had to inform the others, “Ghost to dogs, Hound 1 on the move, follow and tackle.” That guy will be in cuffs in within 10 minutes or sooner. We heard a door close and lock. We turn left down the hall, there was a tall stand holding boxes of files. Luke stopped and signed to me, “blueprints say left is office and lab.” I nodded my head in thanks, we turned right, there was a door opened, I heard a tv on. The room label said supply closet. They probably had to make themselves at home for a bit. I crouched down and used my ring, which was a small mirror the size of my thumb to look around, a guy with half his face covered was eating chips. I only saw a pink scar on his jawline. I saw the security cameras by the front and back doors, but that’s all. Huh? I brought my hand back and closed my mini mirror on the ring. Well shit, we can’t go across without him seeing movement.

I told Luke this and he tried to think of a way, we heard crying come from one of the morgue rooms. Luke said the first one had the girls in it, we don’t know what is in the second. I tried to think of something quick, than a thought came to mind. I signed to Luke, “go back down the hallway and tell Victor to create a signal interference that changes the channel.”

I looked back into the room and the guy had to get up to walk towards the tv. I ran across and Luke caught up, I tried to open the first door where I could hear sobbing, Luke was quick to pick the locks, and we went in. The sight made my heart hurt, the two girls were tied up and they looked like they both took a recent beating. They looked up and almost started to scream, I put my finger in front of my mouth telling them to be quiet. They immediately looked relieved.

“Hey, I’m Charlotte, this this Trevor, we're gonna get you girls out of here.” I whispered to them, they nodded. “You have to be quiet and listen to us no matter what, okay?” they nodded again. Me and Luke untied them, I had to tell the others. “Ghost to dogs, two doves secure. Doc on standby,” I whispered. Axel’s voiced back, “Vulture 1 is down, move forward.” Oh good, me and Luke looked at each other, time to go and get the next one.