Chapter 8

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't post in over a month now. It's been crazy. Classes got to me, and this pandemic getting more hectic too. Especially here on the Navajo Reservation. Me and my family were partially exposed, but luckily we tested negative. We didn't get sick while in quarantine. It's scary just doing some simple quick shopping to get food and things we need, we almost got the virus. If you all have seen the news for the Navajo Nation. I've even ordered a Kuppet washing machine from Amazon to stay home, its pretty awesome and I recommend it.

  Anyways I've been writing atlease 1 chapter day since last. But I haven't proof read them. This is the last week for school. Final exams week, and I'll finally look over the stuff I wrote. I did complete my book! Yay! And... continuing it, a book 2! I wrote only 2 chapters on that one. Hopefully I can finish that one by Christmas. But for now, here's a chapter I did proof read and fixed. I hope to publish it all maybe next week when I have free time. Also updating my title cover as well. Thanks for being great fans and being patient with me. Be safe, stay home, and please wear a mask!
__________________________________

Sang

I reach the classroom door, a few other students behind me rushed to get inside. The teacher gives us an annoyed look. He is maybe in his late 40's, with salt and pepper hair. He looks a few inches taller than me and wearing the opposite of of Mr.
Blackbourne's clothing. I mean, it's a suit and business man material only not designer, but I guess it's the best he can do given this schools salary for the staff.

I place my note on his desk with the others and find a seat. The only ones are that of in the front. Great. It was a long row of three tables put together.  Well atlease it's at the corner, I sit down and place my bag on my lap between me and the desk. The teacher shuffles around his own, probably trying to find out where to start the class. I don't dare look around at the rest of the class, but their small chit chats make it a little comforting.

"Hello class, and welcome to English 12 new student," he looked at me while he spoke. "My name is Mr. Duncan. Well be spending your final year here together, so please try to be in class on time. We'll be reading a few novels, going over MLA formats for writing, and you'll have 2 projects due by midterm, and final exams. It can be of poetry, short stories, and essay, or anything of the english literature. Now, since your a month behind, not much has happened. Read The Hobbit and give me a 3 page essay on it."

I really didn't have the time to read, let alone do class work but I can get this done in no time. I needed to ask, "Mr. Duncan, sir. I have read The Hobbit a couple of times already. It's a favorite of mine, may I skip the reading and write the essay?"

He looked taken back, maybe wondering if I'm lying. He give me a nod and says "very well, I'll give you at the end of the week to turn it in." He looks at the rest of the class, our small conversation seemed to have left the class silent.

I could feel eyes on me, be lucky that feeling went away when Mr. Duncan started to talk again,"Now, let's begin with a short essay on the topic 'life', what does that word mean to you? What do you think life is? Why do you think we are given life? Write what comes to you mind on that simple word. It will be due by the end of class" he said, he seems optimistic for his students. The class groaned loudly. Seriously? How could they be this lazy, its a short essay.

I grabbed my notebook and pencil and begin to write. Life. All the things I would love to write down about life, especially mine, but I keep it easy and scribble down being born, having a happy childhood, evil teenager life. To finding a good job, and perfect husband. To having kids and living in a great big house. I didn't write down what I wanted, that life means to make the choices you want, to discover and travel the world. Make as many memories, meet many people, and to find what makes you want to live your life. This topic had my mind racing of all the possibilities I still wanted for myself. My heart's aches for the one moment you get to see, where you are truly happy. I hope I can find that one day.