Chapter 23

Victor

We're waiting just outside the school gymnasium, a quarter til 8. Axel said that it'll probably be better to fight outside than in, don't need blood getting all o er the gym floor. Plus we don't want to stick around cleaning it up. We thought the parking lot was more fitting for a street fight.

Vehicles started to arrive, a lot more than expected. I looked at Mr. B to see his reaction, but he just stood there, cigar burning slowly between his fingers. Me, Corey, Kota and Marc we're to show our faces and be part of the crew.

The cars parked in a big circle, with the head lights facing inward. A few seconds later, guys started piling out of each car, suv and trucks. A few women among them as well. They all looked like thugs. Baggy clothes, some wires all black and leather biker looks, a few a little formal and nicely dreesed, and the girls had tiny clothes on.

They settled around the vehicles, leaning on them. Opening up drinks and lighting smokes. I can tell my brothers all sized them up, but it's only really our biggest and tallest of our team.

We watched Charms come forth and greet Mr. B with a head nod.

"Lads. Ye ready to on ya show for the king? He said he'll have a chat with ya if ye Lad is chosen for the Jack," he chuckled a bit then continued. "Aye, let's Soo you hounds fight!" He shouted, and his crew laughed like is was funny.

Mr. B didn't say anything, just watched as Charms acted more of a highschool wannabe. Probably was too. These guys look just a bit older than us, some older.

"Aye Lad, so which two of ye dogs are in?"

Nathan and Raven took their jackets off and stepped forward. Glaring at the other two guys that walked forward. One was the same size as North, but not much muscle. The other was tall like the twins, and had more muscle the the first.

But looks didn't mean they couldn't handle a street fight, I eyes them to see if they could have a weapon on them. All four smirked at each other, Nathan taking up the tall one, while Raven took on...South? I laughed mentally. Raven would have got a kick out of it if I said that out loud.

North took on North 2.0. the small crowd started hooting and cheering for their friends. We made ourselves comfortable by leaning against our own vehicles, arm crossed. Corey said he'll be the one to capture a video for us, while Charms had an actual camera guy. We could hear him tell the guy to keep everyone's face out, and to focus only on the fighters. I do believe there was a threat in there somewhere.

Corey put his phone in his pocket, camera peeking out from his button up. No one noticed it. At lease we would have some faces if we needed the information for future references.

Charms whistled loud and everyone calmed down to hear him, "Aye! These lads are up for being the Jack in next week's final game. The Irish Queen holds her crown!" The groups cheers and hoots again. "Ye new to the games, hear ya rules. Fight til one ye knock outs, or if the Kings wants blood, you finish it off. Kings say weapons or no weapons in the cage, if de lead fighter and their Gangs Jack follow through and are de last. They are to fight, and de champion will be de gangs fighter."

The rules are what we expected, but we're all in this together. We all have faith in Raven and Nathan to get through this. My hearting started pounding against my chest with fear. I know I shouldn't, but it's just a natural emotion that can plague situations like these.

"Last Lad standing will be one of many to choose from de King. Ye ready Lads?... FIGHT!!" Charms barely got the last word out and things went wild. Everyone shouting and cheering on their friends, watching the scene in front of us.