Chapter 24

Sang

When I woke up this morning, my stomach was in a hard knot. Nerves started settling in, my heart was trying to pound it's way out my chest and escape what I'm feeling.

Tonight's the night.

Thinking back at how all this started seemed like a distant memory, or dream. It's this really happening? What if I lose? What if I get killed? Will I escape O'Cronnin? Will I ever see the guys again? Uncle Phil?

I have about 7 hours to freak out. We're back in New York, at the Marriott hotel. I heard it's claimed to be the tallest hotel building in North America. We're in the presidential suite I believe. It's kind of dumb why we have to be staying some place really high. But I bet they have a helicopter on the roof ready for take off.

I'm standing here looking out the window, to one gorgeous view on the East coast. Everything it's brightened by the yellow sun at this time of day. The sun light reflects off all the tall buildings just above the horizon. I wish I had my phone to capture this moment.

I'm wearing a black sheer lace body on dress. The long sleeves are laced and it's a plain pencil design. It's elegant. It's on me like second skin. I wearing some nice black stiletto heals. I have to look formal for Harley's business and as his fiance. My hair is curled and let down. I made my eyes smokey, making my contacts pop.

I argued with Harley about concealing my eyes, even in fights. Told him I hated the color and felt like a freak. It was all bs of course. I just didn't need the extra attention. I was trying to fight him on this dress as well, but I didn't win that round.

I have a small bag that has short pants shorts, a black dark purple v neck shirt, and black ankle converse. Wishing I had combat boots instead. Sports bra and comfortable undies for my fight later.

I don't know where we're going again, but we have to attend a dinner meeting the Le Bernardin. Sea food was something I really didn't want to eat now. I sighed.

I wish I could have gotten a hold of Steven, he's the guy that I need help from. Tell him I found his target, and I can't do shit about it.

I started thinking of what tonight would bring me. Ill have to fight others, then fight Harley's other fighter he choose. What happens when I win? Arley will get his money from the bets and his drug dealing business will go out. His plans will be moving forward. But if I lose, he'll still move forward, and I'll be force to marry him. Give myself to him.

I only been with one man. I was in Italy helping a bird team. They needed a person to become a PA for one of the governors who was helping a criminal embezzling money. I met him at a bar after the mission was a success.

He was my first. I really didn't think a one night stand would do the trick of how I was feeling back then. I told him this and he wanted to give me the my first experiences. We saw each other for a week, then had to split ways. He was there on business for his CEO. Told me to come visit when I'm back in the states.

I was tempted, but I didn't want to go back to Chicago. Too many nightmares.

But let me say, he taught me things. I mean, I think I could be a board certified freak in bed. We had fun, he was really nice. A real gentleman that took my feelings seriously. I knew he saw woman as something to cherish. To find the one and live a long life with.

Well if I'm still single in 10 years, maybe I'll look for him. But my hopes in a relationship lay between 14 men. Do I choose one? A couple? Or the whole team? Do some only want to date me? Or want they're own bird? Am I even willing to try poly? I know it's not normal, but I've seen it.