Chapter 21

Sang

The one day of the year that people get to be who, or what they want is not as fascinating to me any more. I always wanted to experience what it was like to dress up, to go to peoples doors and ask for candy. To Bob for apples, and play fun games at the carnivals that were set up. I watched out the window as the festivities played before my eyes.

Halloween.

In the weeks I've been taken, my damn life took a hard turn. I don't know what the fuck happened, and I also don't know how to get out if it. I failed to escape. I tried everyday without getting caught. But my luck seemed to do a 360.

When I found out I was in New York, I weighed my options in returning back to Charleston. The new friends I made, a family that tried to make me one of them. Guys that are way out of my league. A team that got my help only for a short time. I failed them.

The sweet everything's they showed me made my heart warm. The jokes they shared upon each other was a lock on my soul. I know I only really got to spend time with half of them, but those times were something I would never forget.

I promised myself when I get out of here, I'll spend my time equally with each of those 14 guys. To know them better, so I will be happy to call them my friends, a family I never had. Thoughts clouded my mind on the subject.

I know they got the girls out, I believe they finished the mission. I really hope they aren't being too hard on themselves for what happened to me. I hope Uncle Phil reassured them.

Maybe they should forget about me? I wasn't meant to stay with them for long anyways. My job title takes me all over. Right now, I don't think I'll be going anywhere for a long time. Years maybe.

No!! What the hell are you thinking Sang? I refuse to let them imprison me this way. I'm still a badass woman. I can get myself out. I can, I can....

I took a deep breath and sighed. I can sit here and wait. Wait for an opportunity that might never come. The Irish have me, and they have me good.

_________________________________

(Flash back to seeing the New York night..)

The lights were beautiful, even more so when it's winter time. Brooklyn, the upper East side, Manhattan, Central Park, Broadway. The list goes on to the magic city down below. It hasn't snowed yet, but the winter weather is chilling.

Why did Volto bring me here? Why did he let me clean up? What was his plan? Who was he waiting for? Questions filled my mind, as I looked around more of the suite were in. Everything was modern, too plain. No color, as if we needed to be in black and white.

He has me facing him, about 8 feet away. He's standing there looking at me. His white mask covering his identity, not saying anything, but I can hear his breathing.

I looked him over, all in black. Black boots, black pants, black longed sleeve shirt, black gloves, probably black underwear too. All except his white mask. I see he has a shoulder strap holster for his guns, no doubt has knives on his ankles too. A black watch, black phone in front pocket.

What the hell is with this look? I was hoping he say something again, but he just stood there, arms crossed, probably watching the time on his wrists. Counting down.

"So-, why did you bring me here? What do you think you'll get out of me?" I asked, voice a little horse from lack of water.

Nothing. I needed to get under his skin, or say something to hit a nerve.