Chapter 31

It was about 10 minutes when all the guys rushed in and tried to dog pile on my bed. What I didn't expect was to get hungrily open kisses from each of them. Owen was last, and his kiss was so emotionally sweet. "Do you really want this love?" He whispered to me, his grey steel eyes bring into my purple ones. I nodded.

He gave me a full smile....with teeth! The others seemed shocked to see it. They started to joke which made me giggle, "oh Pookie, you better stop or I'll have to minister the giggle cure. You know what? I think it's already time for your next dose of medication," he said coming forth. I knew he was talking about more kisses.

North held him back, " you already had plenty. You didn't even tell us she woke up doc, we'll attend to her medication from now on." Everyone else voice their agreement, talking over each other.

Oh God! I wanted to hide. I looked away to try an hide my blush. I failed. "aww look, she's pinking up" Luke said. Silas chopped him.

Kota came forward and I was happy to see him unharmed. His kiss earlier didn't seem like enough. "Hey 10, how are you feeling?" He grabbed my hand and started to rub soothing circles.

"I'm more than fine, especially now that I know you're okay."

"Wh-why did you save me? I mean... I'm very thankful, I just...I need to know." He asked.

I didn't know what I was doing that night, all I knew was that I didn't want the guys to get hurt because of my mistake in getting kidnapped and passed on. I didn't want them to lose someone they loved trying to save me. No body knows the real me, and that we barely even knew each other. I would take all the bullets if that meant this team would stay together as one. A family. A whole family.

I mean if I died, only the council would know. Only Uncle Phil would have cared. But still, if I got killed on any other dangerous missions, or my body not found, and no one knowing about it. It was just the way it would be. I was born into a family that never wanted me, treated me bad. I was a person people could care less about. I'm a person that doesn't exist. I'm literally an unmarked grave that people wouldn't look twice at.

My life has always been empty, and I never let anyone in too deeply. I don't know why but it just made things easier to be the person I had to be. The ghost girl I had to be. I lived a torturous, painful, and lonely life that I just became numb to it most times.

Saving a life was something worth doing above anything else I could imagine. Especially if I knew that life has had everything that made him happy. That made him the person he is today, and for him to still keep living that life amongst his family. I didn't want anything to hurt that family.

I told them this, my honest explanation of my actions, my feelings, my life. The room was very quiet, everyone had thinking faces on. I looked at Kota, waiting for his response.

"You... you have the biggest heart I know for such a small person. How did we ever get so lucky to have met you Sang Sorenson?" He said softly, I wanted to cry at his sweet words. The truth that held behind them made me feel so wanted. And it was and odd feeling but a happy one.

I smiled at him, which he took as a green light to kiss me. He kissed my lips, my nose, then my forehead before giving me a gentle hug. I hugged him back, smelling the spicy scent of him. My face buried deep in his strong chest. I know I could count on Kota to understand anything. To calculate all the possible ways of why I felt the way I did, and I love him for it. Wait, love?

"Oy! I want to hug my girlfriend too. Times up Kota, my turn!" Gabriel said making me laugh. Everyone wanted their time with me, this was going to be a little tricky.

They all each had a turn to sit and comfort me, we talked about anything and everything. Making jokes and laughing, teasing each other. It was a good day to wake up. Eventually I got tired and my shoulders were now aching from all the movement. Sean wanted me to eat before he gave me some pain meds.