Chapter 9

Third period came around and I made it to Art class pretty quickly. I saw that Gabriel was already seated, and an empty spot next to him. He saw me and smiled. I walked up to him and asked "hey, is someone sitting here?"

"Nope, take a seat. I'm Gabriel by the way. What's your name?"

Trouble. I bet he would love that. "I'm GiGi, it's my first day here."

"Really? Me too, it's kind of crazy being at a new school. So, do you like art?" He a crazy grin on his face. I think it'll start by getting to know the guys better when were one on one like this.

"Uh, I can't draw. What about you?" I already know his bright talent for art, it was in his file. And I really wanted to see what more he could do beside drawing on his hand.

"Im not that good either, maybe we should be study buddies?" His voice sounded smooth and deep.

"You mean doodle buddies? My art skills requires stick figures and the talent of a preschooler." I joked, but really I am horrible at it. I'm as bad as Kenny in We're the Millers movie, but I don't need this hot guy knowing about that.

He gave a sly smile, and I smiled backed. His scent was intoxicating being this close, I didn't realize it this morning. He smells of the autumn breeze outside or something. It's relaxing. The bell ring overhead as more student piled in. The teacher was an older woman who looked Mexican, she wore pink button up blouse, and a grey pant suit. Her blazer was on the back of her chair, she was short with black hair in a bun behind her head.

"Good morning class, we got some new students in today. My name is Mrs. Mendez. Peeps make them feel welcome. This is Art class, we are covering the basics, history, painting, pastels, etc. Today we are going to use use basic pencils for drawing, and your going to use your techniques for shading your piece. I want you to draw this from your point of view. Notice the outlines and the shading from the light you get." Mrs. Mendez put one of those wooden art human manikin in the center of the class that was on a high stool. From my view it kinda looked like it was in a Sarvangasana yoga pose, only slanted a bit.

The class tables were layed out in a big square of the room, it was 4 tables by 4 by 4 by 4, there was some extra single desks in front of the tables for more students. Our table could fit 5 comfortably, but 6 of us squished to share it. Students should be able to sit on the inside of the tables so we're facing each other. But instead were all facing a stool in the middle. This school really needs to be layed out more properly.

A student grab a pile of clean drawing papers, got one and passed it to the person siting next to him. I took out my pencil and failed miserably to copy the figure before me. The class was almost over, I could feel Gabriel's ocean blue eyes watching me. I looked at him and he was biting his lip.

"What?" I whispered to him.

"Nothing Trouble, just enchanted with your work." He whispered back, I raised an eyebrow at him. No curse words? He must have understood, he rolled his eyes and mouth 'Mr. B.'

Ah, I see. "I bet 20 by lunch" I joked at him. He narrowed his eyes at me, and chuckled softly.

I did a quick glance at his work, and holy shit! The thing looked like it was coming to life. All the details and lines, the shading was impeccable. I sat there slacked jawed, and felt my heat cheeks warm looking over my own work. Dear lord. Jennifer Aniston's words pop into mind 'black cock down!'.

I really wanted to erase the thing and start over, but the bell rang. Great, kinda wondering if Mrs. Mendez has a sense of humor. I really don't want to put my name on this paper. So I put my initials.