Chapter 10

I ran to 5th period. After getting shoved a bunch of times on my way there, I saw Nathan power walk in front of me and I followed him like he was my shield that lead me through to the craziness.

We made it pretty early and got some good seats at one the tables. There were 10 small kitchen stations with 10 tables in front of each station around the whole class. There were 6 people to each station. This classroom was huge compared to the others. Gabriel came in and sat by us. "Hey GiGi".

"Hello Gabriel, hows your day going so far?" I said, and thought of introducing myself to Nathan for kids to hear. We all needed to make friends and stick together.

"Okay I guess. Hey, what up man? I'm Gabriel." He looked at Nathan and did a fist bump with him.

"Sup man, I'm Nathan. I'm new here." He looked at me and held out his hand, "hey, I'm Nathan." He said to me and I smiled at him. "Hi Nathan I'm GiGi, me and Gabriel are new students too. That's pretty freaky though. Would you want to hang out with us?" He smiled, "sure, you mean after school?" He was just making conversation and we just told each other our fake backgrounds real quick for whoever was listening.

When the conversation died, they looked at each other, doing that eye contact thing they do. They seem to communicate like that, I haven't learned it yet. And I don't think I will, I already tried with Sean this morning.

I looked around our station, it had an electric stove, a small sink, cabnets on top that probably had plates and pans or whatever, a small dish rack, the drawers probably had utensils in it. I looked at the front of the class, the teacher has no kitchen but a large whiteboard and a small counter. A small desk was at the corner. There were like 4 large refridgerators along the wall, and 4 large metal shelves on the other side of the room that held different ingredients, along with fresh produce and stuff.

I watch a woman that was probably in her late 40's?, write on the whiteboard, a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Her name was written at the top of it 'Mrs. Clark'. She wore dark grey slacks and in one of those white chefs shirts. She had long red hair and blue eyes, she looked like a heart breaker in her days. She was very pretty for for age. Like Mariah Carey or something, still looking very young, and has curves I all the right places. The bell ringed again, and it's a sound I rather not get used to. The sooner we get this mission completed the better, that thing is getting annoying.

I know my mission is just to help the guys search and rescue the girls, but I want to help them out with the rest of the stuff. Who am I'm kidding, I want to be around them, and be apart of a team. My short thoughts were stopped when the teacher told the class to settle down.

"Alright, we have some new students in here today. Welcome to Intro to Home Economics, this class if fairly easy. You work with your group as a team and learn to cook and bake small dishes or desserts. I put up a recipe everyday, sometimes the larger pieces require two days. One to prep, then the next day to cook. We only get one hour so we have to make it count." Her voice was strong as she announce to us about the assignments. She looked at the other students we sat by, "Let them know the routine of preparation, cooking, cleaning, and safety." There was around of okays' from the people we sat with.

"Alright class, let's make some sweet chocolate chip cookies!" With that the class got to moving, and she came up to us, looking at Nathan like a piece of steak. Gross. Shes a cougar? I really couldn't believe that, but...Victor needs to do a background check.

"Hi y'all, these are the seats you will be at everyday. Get to know your classmates, you each will have a chore when cleaning and taking turns in being the lead chef. Your group will have to present your dish when your finished. I will do a taste test and grade on presentation too. Then you are welcome to split the dish you made. We do actually culinary science on Wednesdays. So no cooking on that day. There are books in the cupboard over there," she pointed at a tall standing cupboard next to her small desk. "We will read a chapter a week and do paperwork throughout the class. There is a recipe book in each station, ask your fellow teammates questions on that and the safety procedure, first aid kit is on the wall by the door. Under each sink has a fire extinguisher, so just be safe and have fun." With that she looked at Nathan again, her eyes dark, probably wanting to touch his muscular body, then she walked off. She schooled her actions that the other students didn't notice.