Chapter 42

Kyle's POV

"Dude come on and just eat. We aren't going to poison you." A blue haired boy said angrily but I refused.

He's been trying to feed all three of us for the past two hours but I refused to eat anything from these crazy people. The more I didn't eat, the more Meti and Caleb refused to eat as well, making the little blueberry boy extremely angry.

"Whatever! I can't do this anymore, you're going to cave in one day or another and I don't want to hear shit about you being hungry! I fucking slave away over a hot stove for this shit?! I'm out of here." He shouted angrily before standing up and leaving with his huge pot of soup.

We were all sitting down besides each other in the floor but even from down here I could see that he was only about 5'1 or so. He was cute and looked to be around Caleb's age but they were completely different.

While Caleb was usually quiet, this boy had a huge potty mouth on him. He cursed worse than I did by a long shot and had a few piercings on his ears. His hair was as blue as his eyes were and despite being cute he was always yelling and extremely angry.

"You can't just give up on them Angel. The boss said we had to make sure they eat or else." The girl from before said as she pulled her bright lavender hair up into a ponytail.

"You shouldn't have said his name Nova. Now they're going to remember it!" The guy that dragged me away to the living room a few hours ago shouted at her, causing her to flinch.

"Like you're any better dumbass, and so what if they know our names Briar. It's not like they can do much with that information anyways." Angel said before rolling his eyes and leaving with the huge pot in his little hands.

Briar, the huge meathead that was extremely rough, glared at Angel as he left then reverted his glare back towards Nova, the small girl with lavender hair.

"You're the reason he gets away with shit like that Nova. If you were a better example to follow as a leader we wouldn't be on babysitting duty right now." Briar scolded her and she looked like she was on the verge of tears.

These three were completely different than the wolves I fought against and they were way different than the ones I encountered before in the clearing.

"This pack is full of different characters, make sure to keep your guard up." My wolf told me and I couldn't agree more.

A few minutes later of them arguing, Briar punched our cell walk before leaving the same way Angel did.

We all just looked at each other silently before looking towards the girl in unison.

She was crying, tiny alligator tears were rolling off her rosy cheeks and onto the floor as her makeup began to run. Her hair was starting to get messy and her shirt was already dirtied from her tear/makeup mixture falling on it.

"There. There. You don't have to cry Nova." I told her honestly, only because her wailing was starting to hurt my ears and also make me feel bad.

"It's just that we're supposed to be a team and it's like I'm the only one trying." She said as she used her arm to roughly rub the tears away from her eyes.

This would be a good chance to get any unaddressed questions we have out of the way, if it's her I'm sure she'd answer them given the heat of things with the others right now... but we'd have to hurry before someone comes back.

"I-is he your brother or something? That Briar guy..." Caleb spoke up, he must've thought the same thing as me.

And this was the first I've heard him speak since we got ambushed in the first place.

"Briar? No he's not my brother" she said while laughing slightly before her cheeks puffed up, "A lot of us here that share similar trauma are close and even though he acts like that, he cares a lot about this place."

Similar trauma? That was clearly a touchy subject so I didn't want to pry into that since I knew boundaries so instead I need to try to go around that and ask something else.

"When did Julian rescue you? I'm only skeptical about joining since I want to know how godly he is first." I lied and she perked up in emotion almost instantly just at the sound of his names leaving my lips.

"Oh the boss rescued me about three years ago! I was found right after he rescued Briar, so that's probably why he's really protective of me despite how he acts. I was starving, cold and wet near the most powerful pack in southern USA." She explained and I shifted on the floor to get more comfortable.

"My wolf was apparently too weak to stay in my former pack so they kicked me out, and by they I mean my parents. One night they just suddenly yanked me out of my bed and threw me into hunting territory. I had no choice but to shift and a bunch of hunters were after me and they chased me from New Mexico all the way to deep into Texas. But the bad thing is they pushed me into the strongest southern packs territory, and they of course didn't let me stay for long...not that I wanted to anyways, they have some members that are a bit...too touchy." She said lowly before crossing her arms around her chest.

"But after I left them, Julian found me. And he didn't care about all the stuff the guys there did to me, he didn't see me as dirty he just saw me as me. And he also didn't even care about how weak I was, instead he said he'd help train me into becoming the strong and amazing me that I can be!" She beamed and I smiled.

I was glad that he was helping these people but at the same time distracted by the fact that he was basically using their weaknesses and shaping them into his pawns.

"Nova stop talking to them. If they have no interest in joining us we're wasting our time." Angel shouted as he re-entered the cell.

"No, her story actually touched us to the point where we were starting to consider joining Angel." I told him seriously and all he did was stare at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"Realllyyy? Is that so?" He asked skeptically and I nodded my head in response.

"It's true. Her story touched me because I'm a runt and an omega myself so I know how it feels to have a weaker wolf than everyone around you. I've always wanted to get stronger to protect the people I care about, like Kyle but I'm always left shaking and trembling weakly." Caleb spoke up and I looked over at him.

He was already strong, strength comes in different forms and in this situation he was even stronger than I was, he just never sees it himself.

"Great, then I'll take you to the boss right now big guy. After you, I'm going to bring in the runt then the girl. He'll interview you each to make sure you're not lying and it'll also be an interview to see which one of you is fit to stand by his side as his mate." Angel said before he walked over to me smirking.

I had to play along now or it'll ruin our chances of getting out of here without injuries. There seemed to be way more of them that I expected if he was collecting them throughout several years, and on top of that we had no idea where he got those darts that got us here in the first place.