Chapter 19

Kyle's POV

"I don't remember these halls being this long." I mumbled to myself as I continued sneaking around, looking for James.

I looked at several name plates before finally finding his. I didn't understand why they'd separate their rooms so far but then I remembered why.

"Oh because they'd probably cause trouble, try to team up and fight Cornelius despite their injuries or maybe the fact they'd cause chaos trying to get into your room every chance they got?" My wolf commented, making me smile and nod my head.

I looked around the empty, quiet and cold hallway before opening the door to his room quickly and slipping myself inside.

   "Well look who it is." James said with a toothy smile as I walked towards him slowly, taking in his scent and appearance.

"Hey cutie, how are you feeling?" I asked him despite already knowing the answer and all he did was chuckle in response before smiling.

    "I'm glad he didn't knock one of your beautiful teeth out, I'd cry if I couldn't see your smile." I said truthfully before I laid down on the bed besides him with a small smile on my face.

"I'm just glad to see yours again." He told me while I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I've missed you, all of you. I just wish this never happened but it can't be helped." I told him lowly as I stared at his elevated leg.

Out of all of them, his injuries seemed to be the ones that were taking the longest to heal.

"Don't worry, it's getting better slowly but surely." James said before he placed his arm behind me. I snuggled closer into his side before sniffing him.

   Geez his scent made butterflies erupt throughout my stomach. Ponderosa sap was just such a good scent, especially on him.

     His body heat was warming me up and it just felt nice to be near him. My wolf was going crazy and of course my heart started beating fast as soon as he placed a kiss on my head.

     I was the pack beta but when I was with them, they made me feel so small and loved despite how tall and strong I was. I was starting to like the feeling of being desired so much.

"I'm so proud of all of you, especially you. You guys might feel defeated and sad but it made me happy to know that you guys loved me enough to fight off a lion to protect me." I told him as I fought my tears to not flow down my beautiful face.

"I love you James, my big, tough, smart mate. You're beautiful and even though you broke your leg, you're still pretty cool." I told him honestly as I watched his chest go up and down with every breath he takes.

"I love you too Kyle. Everything about you, even if you sometimes sneak into the kitchen late at night and eat Liam's secret stash of food when you think no ones looking." He said making me blush.

"Hey!" I said embarrassed but all he did was continue.

"I love when you sing in the shower terribly, dance around the house, and even when you run home when it's steak night with a goofy smile on your face...and even when you're drunk and give lap dances-" he said before I stopped him by covering his mouth with my hand.

If I was red before, I was probably purple by now. I didn't think anyone knew about all those embarrassing things! I even made sure the house was empty!

   "T-the new moon is right around the corner." I stuttered, trying to change the subject and I immediately sensed his arousal.

"I uh yeah um.." He muttered embarrassed, making me laugh. Now I wasn't the only one embarrassed, it was his turn.

"It'll be here before we know it, I can't wait to mate with you again, especially after everything's that's happened...I just want you to fuck me so hard that I forget about everything." I told him before I looked away from his chest and up at his green eyes.

They were filled with love and lust, a very good combination but very bad right now.

"You know we can't have sex here." I said lowly, my voice filled with desire and need.

"I know but it's taking everything in me to not pounce on you right now, broken leg or not." He said and I blushed.

"We can't go any further than just kissing." I told him before I stared at his parted lips.

He nodded before leaning into me and tilting his head to the side. He bit the bottom of my lip lightly before capturing my lips with his own.

His soft lips brushed against mine carefully and delicately. He kissed me exactly how I wanted him to, a good hot and moist kiss always made my insides tingle and he knew that.

The kiss was delicious and electric, I uncontrollably leaned in to the kiss and moaned.

It was hard reminding myself that we couldn't do any more than this but I needed to feel his lips against mine, to feel his breath, his warmth.

He was breathing right into my nose every time he exhaled and it made everything more sensual.

After a few minutes of just kissing, I pulled away slowly. My lips were definitely sore now but it was worth it.

The taste of his tongue lingered and my lips hurt but I loved it.

We talked for a few more minutes after that but then I looked at the time on the wall and decided it was better to get back to my room.

"Get better soon." I said before leaving him alone in his room.

     I knew he didn't show me his vulnerability and how hurt he was once he saw me to protect me and to help me but deep down I wanted him to open up to me and cry on my shoulder.

I headed back to my room quickly but stopped once I turned the corner.

"Ah shit." I said loudly, causing Liam to look over with worry in his eyes.

Both Alphas were outside my room with Caleb and Cornelius and they didn't look too happy to see me outside of my room.