Chapter 8

Kyle's POV

I continued to follow Caleb around for another hour since the Alpha's and his mate were still discussing whatever 'private' business they had.

The entire reason I had to watch over him anyways, was to make sure he didn't try to hurt himself or become a rogue.

"Do you still want to reject your mate? I'd hate to see you grow insane and die." I told him honestly, causing him to stop walking and look down at the floor.

"I don't know. I don't want to die but I don't want to accept him the way he is now." He said truthfully before he sat down on the lusciously green grass.

Now we were in the center of a huge clearing that was just barely apart of our pack's territory. There were tons of different flowers and colors here, it was also very quiet and calming.

"I'm...not very good with people like him." He mumbled quietly while I plopped down next to him.

"I don't want to tell you what to do, but you should definitely talk to him. Your decision affects him too." I told him sincerely, making him groan.

I knew he didn't like being touched but something in me told me to reach out and hug this boy.

So I did, and I instantly regretted it when I heard a deep, menacing growl.

A few yards away from us, stood Cornelius in his huge, glory. He was in his Lion form, indicating that he wasn't in control but his beast was, and boy did he look angry.

I was about to shift into my wolf to prepare myself for battle, but Caleb clung onto me, much to my surprise.

He must've forced himself to get over the fear of touching someone to help me but his mate probably sees him as flirting with me.

Cornelius flicked his tail in warning before growling again. His claws were already extended and his eyes were glued to us like we were his prey.

"Baby whats wrong?" Liam asked me through our newly formed mind-link while I froze, not wanting to anger the tiger in front of me anymore than I already have.

"I think I just angered a Lion..." I told him while Caleb closed his eyes and clung to me as if his life depended on it, a very kind gesture but at the moment it wasn't helping my situation.

"Caleb...I think he wants you to let go of me..." I whispered to him but he ignored me and just tightened his grip on me.

The beast growled again, this time inching forward slowly and deadly. I know he had a great since of hearing so his mate not obeying what I said must've ticked him off.

"Stay right there, i'm on my way!" Liam said in our mind-link as my heart began to pump in my chest.

"Like we have an option to stay put." My wolf said cheekily while I tried to pry Caleb off of me, he began crying but as soon as I gently removed him from my body, Cornelius jumped at me.

He tackled me and used his weight to hold me down beneath him, I would've easily gotten away from him if I shifted but I couldn't. His weight was hurting me so much that I could bearly breathe.

"STOP!" Caleb cried out and I smiled weakly at him.

"It's okay, this is my fault. I shouldn't have hugged you." I told him through our mind-link while he continued to sob helplessly.

Even if he wanted to, he wasn't strong enough to take on a Lion as huge as his mate, he was not only a omega, but a runt. Meaning he was shorter, weaker, and smaller than an already tiny omega.

Even knowing that, he still shifted and tried to get his mate off of me. His wolf wasn't that much bigger than a pup and he was being extremely brave to even challenge the beast before him.

Cornelius however, didn't even move an inch. His mates attacks were like feathers against his muscular body.

He was still pinning me down with his weight and snarling in my face. I tried to move and he took that as a threat and bit down onto my shoulder.

If you didn't know, Lions could open their jaws to up to 28 centimeters and their canines are at least 7 centimeters in length....meaning HE BIT THE LITERAL SHIT OUT OF ME AND IT REALLLLYYY FUCKING HURT.

I screamed loudly as tears started to flow down my face. Being the beta that I was, I was stronger than the average male wolf but due to me being in my human form, I felt every last centimeter of his canines piercing my flesh.

I knew for sure that there was tons of blood surrounding me now and the second he pulled his teeth out of me I nearly fainted from shock. My body was trembling and I couldn't catch my breath.

My shoulder felt like it was on fire and the last thing I wanted to do was look at it. I was sure it was gaping and flesh was totally exposed at this point.

Caleb was a mess besides me. He shifted back into his human form and was on the verge of a panick attack.

Even in my condition, I couldn't help but try to calm him down.

I reached my right hand to him and barely reached his thigh, the beast still on top of me ready to kill me any second now.

"Hey i'm okay..." I said meekly while he shook his head and bawled his eyes out.

I was about to tell him something else, but I felt the weight of the lion suddenly lifted off of me....all three of my mates began to fight him and a bloody battle took place.