Chapter 25

A/N: Me updating again within two days? Who am I?

Kyle's POV

Today was the third and final day of my punishment. I was currently frowning while putting on gloves in the house we use for our elders.

  Most of them reside here since it's super close to the main house and they're really adorable but their feet on the other hand...were gross.

  I don't understand how such cute little old people can have such scary looking feet! Not all of their feet's are disgusting, but for the most part they're just stinky and yucky!

   "Is it too late to ask to just clean the house again?" I asked sadly before I looked up at the line of elderly people in front of me.

I was in their living room on the floor in front of a simple leather brown recliner. Each elder was promised an entire 30 minute foot massage each, I was terrible at math but I know I'd be here for a big chunk of my day.

I was going to be here for hours, meaning less mate time and less time to pack for the trip to the lions country. I wasn't even sure about what shirts to bring let alone how the traveling situation was going to work!

Like are we going to fly there?! Walk and swim all the way there?! Are there even roads that connect countries across the oceans together?! Okay, maybe not but that would be a really cool idea.

"I-I'm ready to take the first elder's sore feet in my delicate cute hands." I whined while grabbing a bottle of lotion.

"Thank you beta, you know my feet have been killing me." Elder Nancy said before slowly taking off her slippers and sitting in front of me.

I put on a mask and shut my eyes as I slowly began to put lotion on my hands. I wasn't the best at giving people massages but anything seemed to be fine to them!

Her toenails were painted red but one of the nails looked super long and sharp!

So instead of worrying about her feet's appearance, I thought that getting lost in my thoughts again would help the time fly.

   For example, one thought that popped up into my small little mind were about the female lion pride that was still here waiting to go home.

   I still had no idea what any of their names were, their ages or what language they always spoke! I'd ask Cornelius but he's an ass so I doubt he'd tell me and I can't even ask them directly because they didn't understand anything we say to them.

   Like one before I came here, they tried shoving an orange down my throat when I asked them if they were ready to leave tomorrow.

    They were sweet girls and always bubbly but they really did look too much alike. Unlike my mates, it was hard to tell them apart by their personalities since they acted similar. Hell I wasn't even sure if they were siblings or not.

   Also were they Cornelius's mates or did he just make them his pride members since lions did things differently than wolves do?

   I was curious to say the least but hopefully wherever we're going has other people that speak English too, having Cornelius as a translator probably wouldn't go well.

   The whole point of this trip is to see if Caleb can get accustomed with them and agree to have Cornelius as his mate, meaning they'd be alone for a majority of the time. I was just going because Caleb has an attachment to me and to see what information I can get on the wolf pack over there that was bothering them.

   But even then, my mates would probably take this as a "vacation" more than an assignment. We were going to be staying over there for a while and I wouldn't mind spending tons of time alone with them away from the pack but this was for business!

   Plus how would a lion and a wolf runt even have sex?! Caleb is super small and I'm sure in his wolf form he can fit his whole body in Cornelius's mouth without him even being in his lion form!

   "Interspecies things are so confusing." I said to myself as I continued to work on Nancy's feet.

   The line kind of went away a few minutes into me working on her feet since everyone hated to stand for too long but they all knew they'd get their feet done today so they didn't care.

   Could...could Caleb even get pregnant if he has a lion mate? How would that work? Would he have either a lion cub or wolf pup? Would he HAVE A MIX?! A WION?! A wion? Would it even be called that?

    Is that even safe to have? Well whatever he has, if he has any kids in the future at all, they'd probably tower over him before they even turn 16! They'd surely take after their dads height and strength-

   Those babies would probably be huge too!

   "Can you not think about my future children so loudly in your mind? It's embarrassing because even I haven't thought about that stuff yet..." Caleb said lowly before taking a seat on the floor next to me.

    With the mask on my face, I didn't even smell him coming near me, plus my thoughts were kind of distracting me from this elderly feet reality I was currently suffering in.

   "S-sorry, I forget to switch off the links sometimes." I admitted shyly and I saw his cheeks flush while he stared down at the floor.

    "The alphas told me to tell you that we're leaving first thing in the morning and to make sure you wash your hands before going to see them when you're finished up here." He explained causing me to nod.

     "Did you finish packing?" I asked him. I knew he wasn't looking forward to this trip at all but he didn't really have a choice in the matter, another reason that he hated this situation.

    "Yeah...it's not like I have much stuff anyways." He admitted casually before looking over at Nancy's feet and closing his eyes tightly.

   I know your pain far too well Caleb...her feet will be in my nightmares tonight too...

    "Don't worry too much about the trip, I'll be there with you and I promise nothing bad will happen. The worst is already over remember." I told him seriously and he smiled, like an actual genuine smile!!!

    He didn't respond after that, just covered his mouth because the feet smell and just left.

    I know he's a good boy so he'll be okay but I still was worried about the kind of place they lived. We lived in different worlds and since Caleb wasn't just an omega, it made us all worry.

   He was a runt, I barely saw him eat and when he did, he didn't tend to like meat, which is something everyone knows lions love! Plus lions and wolves lived in different places! Was his fur coat going to make him die from heat exhaustion? Was he going to get yeeted by a hyena?!

   I sighed lowly before I kept working on her feet gently. I just had too many concerns...