Chapter 49

Caleb's POV

   "I said no thanks." I said scared as Briar tried to feed me a bowl of oatmeal.

"They haven't eaten my cooking so what makes you think they'd stomach your crap." Angel told him while he tried to feed Meti but instead she just made a huge hmph sound and turned her head away in annoyance.

"I can't help it, those Lion's have this cutie with nothing but a cute face accompanied by skin and bones. And since the boss really likes that big guy, I think he wouldn't mind me keeping this one." Briar said confidently as I tried to move away from him.

I don't plan on anyone keeping me. I wasn't a pet or some object, I was me.

I tried to mindlink Kyle but I couldn't get through. I knew he was here but it's like I couldn't connect with him. His smell was still strong, I could feel his presence and his emotions, but I couldn't get through to him.

"They must've done something to him." My wolf said filled with worry and I completely agreed. There just wasn't any other explanation.

"Ouch! You freaking bitch!" The blue haired boy, Angel, shouted, bringing me out of my thoughts about Kyle.

"What happened?" Briar asked, finally getting up and getting out of my personal space.

"Fucking Lioness bit me." Angel whimpered before glaring at Meti.

I scooted in front of her as fast as I could with these restraints on and shielded her with my body. I felt like they were going to strike her and even though I'm not as strong as Kyle or Cornelius, or even Meti herself, I don't plan on just sitting back any longer.

"Tch whatever, protect each other all you want. Come on Briar, I'm not going to keep wasting food on these two!" Angel shouted before grabbing the bowls of food and stomping away.

Briar didn't say anything, instead he looked at me one last time before winking and walking out.

I shivered but Meti nuzzled up against my neck from behind me, calming me down slightly. I still didn't favor the feeling of being touched but for some reason when her or the other girls do it, along with Kyle, it makes me feel at ease.

"We'll get out of here soon Meti." I told her before turning in my shackles to face her.

I turned so that we were both sitting across from each other, face to face, with our ankles still cuffed and our hands cuffed behind our backs.

"I'll try my hardest to protect you." I told her and I think she understood what I said or meant because she gave me a huge smile and look of appreciation.

Meti was my age which was probably why I felt really comfortable around her. She was usually really energetic and hyper but at times like these, she was super strong and cool.

I was glad that I was still in the same room as her because if I was alone I most likely would've broken down. I liked her a lot but at the same time, in the back of my mind I always find myself thinking about what me and Cornelius spoke about.

He said he's never had sex with any of his pride members, they just sleep in the same bed together. And he said he wouldn't abandon them for me as I am with him right now, I can't tell if that means in the future he'd be willing to or not but even if he did, would I still be okay with that?

He's known them for years and he's known me for about a month or so. He's hunted with them for ages and I don't even know how to hunt by myself, and I wouldn't want to either.

All the members of this pack seem to paint them as villains and want to rescue us from them but I just don't understand anything right now.

Cornelius was my mate and even though I don't think we know each other well enough, his name is the name I'd call out for help. Deep down I wanted him to hurry up and come save me and take me away from all of this.

I'm sure he's not even worried about me outside of here, he just feels obligated to come save me if he did. If it was just me taken and not Meti would he even care?

"Of course he would! He's been trying to change for you and I'm sure you're both his top priorities right now. You got to keep your head out of the negatives or assholes like that Briar meat head will take advantage of you!" My wolf said and he was right.

I can't keep thinking negative about myself or the situation with my mate. If he didn't want me, he would've let me reject him when we were at my pack. He wouldn't have brought us here if he didn't like me in some shape or form.

"Kalab." Meti said when a huge smile on her face, her smile was so contagious, I ended up smiling at her too.

"What's up Meti?" I asked her curiously as I saw her move around.

"Break." She said happily and I could practically see her bouncing with glee.

I kept my smile on my face but tilted my head in confusion but that's when I saw it, she broke through her cuffs and ended up hurting her wrists in the process.

"Oh yeah! Werecats aren't affected by the same things we are." My wolf said and I mentally smacked my head.

She then started to work on getting her ankles uncuffed carefully as I moved to face the door as a look out.

"Kyle I don't know if you can hear me but we're going to rescue you and get out of here soon!" I shouted through our mindlink and hopefully it went through, even if it didn't, I still planned on helping him get out of here with Meti.

He took one for the team and literally sacrificed himself so that we wouldn't have to go in and talk to their boss Julian. For that, I'd always be grateful for.

While Meti got to work, I continued to watch the door as I formulated some type of plan.