Chapter 12

Trevor's POV

      I sighed loudly and obnoxiously as I placed my head on my desk. As one of this packs two Alphas, I had a choice to make.

     Now that Kyle was in a coma, I began to think about lowering his beta rank; not because he was injured but because everything that has led up to where we were now.

    He has three mates, gets his heat regularly now, and is fertile; meaning he could get pregnant any moment now. I don't want to put more stress on his body and with his current state, he won't be able to work for a while.

     "He's not going to take getting his title removed well." Skylar said before I groaned.

     We knew him better than anyone else, he was going to be over dramatic when he hears the news but we thought about the best interest of the pack and for him.

     "Being a beta is just too dangerous and stressful, he'd still be a higher-up, just not a beta. We won't replace him since we have another beta anyways, we'll just let him rest and take it easy." I told him and he rolled his eyes.

    "Were not in any wars at the moment, hopefully Cornelius doesn't break off the treaty due to the misunderstanding." Skylar said while we both just looked up at the high glass ceiling.

      After that, it was just silent. How was I going to tell him that he wasn't going to be our beta anymore? Am I supposed to tell him the day he finally wakes up from his coma? That would be pretty fucked up...

     "Maybe instead of lowering his rank, we can just let him take a break. Like have maternity leave, I mean look at our beautiful mate, he still worked hard when he was pregnant with our pups." I said while smiling.

    It's true that I didn't want Kyle to get hurt but maybe I was looking at it wrong earlier. He's still Kyle, weather he's in heat or not.

    "Yeah, plus reranking a beta Wolf would take too long." Skylar joked as we began to laugh together.

     We were both sure that Kyle was going to wake up in no time....