Chapter 34

Kyle's POV

I was in another tough situation.

Last night my mates refused to talk to me about what happened after they stormed off after Cornelius, so I chose to do what I do best... give them the silent treatment. They were all already ignoring each other so I'll just join in so we can all be immature.

But ignoring my mates wasn't the sticky situation I was in right now. No, instead I was stuck being some kind of therapist for Cornelius and Caleb while they "talked" about what they wanted from each other.

The girls were out hunting or something, my mates were all ignoring each other in the guest cabin or out running, so all that was left to witness this chaotic conversation was me.

I was glad that they were confident enough in my people skills to let me listen in on their private conversation but at the same time I don't like picking sides when people disagreed with each other.

I was just in charge of being here to witness it really, they didn't ask me to give any advice or anything. I was just kind of invisible on the couch.

I think I was actually only here because Caleb didn't want to be left alone with Mr.AngerIssues.

"So I'll go first." Caleb started as I sunk into the couch and sipped on my cold tea. I could tell he was nervous but he had a lot he seemed to want to get off his chest and boy was I here for it.

"I don't think we're getting closer as mates and I don't see the point in trying my hardest if you aren't either. It takes two people to make a relationship work and maybe I'm needy but I want you to at least try to pay more attention to me and give me affection. That isn't a lot to ask for but I understand different species do different things." Caleb said while making eye contact with Cornelius so I turned away from looking at him to look at Cornelius to hear his response.

"Well I could say the same thing about you. Yes, I've done stuff in the past to probably make you scared of me but it's like you treat me like I'm going to attack you every time I try to get closer to you! Plus how am I supposed to give you affection when you flinch every time I come near you and hate being touched so much? That doesn't make any sense." He said while staring at Caleb, causing me to yet again look towards the other person to see their response.

"That's true but I don't think you need to touch someone to be affectionate. I think you're after me only because we're bonded to each other, not because of my personality or how I am as a person. We feel the pull towards each other but other than that what can you honestly say you feel towards me, there's no way you love me when you don't even know the real me." Caleb continued and by this time I was probably sipping obnoxiously loud but it seemed as if I weren't even there to them.

"But I want to get to know you better, I really do. But it's hard. You shy away from me no matter what I do like I'm some kind of hideous monster. I already know I'm a bad person and don't deserve to have a mate but you remind me of that every time you look at me with those sad eyes of yours." Cornelius sighed out and I could tell that shifted the mood a bit because Caleb looked away from him, acknowledging the truth in his words.

"I didn't ask your Alpha's to let you come here so that we could just grow further apart from each other, I wanted to genuinely get closer to you but I can't change over night. I'm an asshole and I have a huge resentment towards wolves, then I find out I'm mated to one." He continued and I looked back and forth between the both of them.

I could see the reasoning behind both of their stances but it was still hard for them to see the other persons side.

"Is it because I'm male too? It's because I'm a boy isn't it?" Caleb said quietly from his spot across from Cornelius and I could just feel the pain in his words.