Chapter 14

Liam's POV

   "You have a lot of balls mutt." Cornelius said bitterly to me while I kept my hands on his mates waist.

     Cornelius's eyes began glowing and he stood up from the bed he was previously sitting on. In his human form, he was just as terrifying as his beast form.

He had orangy brown eyes just like the girls in his pride and his lion, a perfect tan, chiseled jawline, short dirty blonde hair and he was at least 6'4.

    "Just because you're a pretty boy, doesn't mean that I'll lose to you." I told him while placing Caleb behind me.

    He looked like he wanted to kill me but that wasn't going to make me back down. No matter what I was going to make this bastard help my mate.

    "I'm not going to just do what you ask me to, where do you get off thinking you can bark your demands at me?" He asked me as he inched closer to me slowly.

    "I-if you hurt Liam I'll never forgive you!" Caleb shouted from behind me loudly, surprising everyone in the room, including himself.

    He looked embarrassed but I was happy that he stuck up from me. His words clearly affected Cornelius whether he liked it or not, causing him to get frustrated.

    "Tch, I never thought I'd see the day where I'd listen to a runt." He said while walking past me and bumping my shoulder roughly.

     "Well, where is he? You wanted me to heal him right?" He asked Caleb as he stopped in front of him.

     Even with his back towards me and his pride, I could tell that he was probably embarrassed that Caleb could calm him down so quickly and control him without even knowing much about him.

    "I heard some nurses in the hallway say he was in room 492..." Caleb mumbled looking down and avoiding his mates lustful gaze.

     "Then let's go." I said causing everyone, including the girls to leave the room.

      We all followed Caleb to the room quietly and I kept my eyes locked on Cornelius in case he tried any funny business.

      "Are you sure you guys want to see this?" Cornelius asked causing Caleb and I to glare at him. All he did was shrug before roughly slamming open the door to Kyle's medical room.

     Machines were beeping and his shallow breathing filled the room as we all entered.

    The staff was right, his injures looked like they only healed a little bit after all this time. His eyes were closed and his body just laid there still and quiet.

    My stomach started to twist and anger found itself coursing through my veins again. He was the reason this happened yet he was the only one that could help Kyle get better.

   "Woah, Okello sure caused a lot of damage huh?" Cornelius said to himself, referring to the damage his Lion inflicted on my mates precious body.

    "This is so stupid. I can't believe I have to do something so disgusting." Cornelius groaned as he began to strip his pants away. Terror and confusion washed over me and before I knew it, my body acted on its own.

     I punched him. I punched him so hard that he fell on his ass beside Kyle's medical bed.

    "You motherfucker! That hurt! What the fuck do you think you're doing?! You were the ones that threatened me to fucking heal him!" Cornelius spat while holding his right cheek and picking himself up off of the cold tiled floor.

     "I don't know about Lion's, but wolves don't need to get completely naked to heal someone!" I yelled at him, startling his pride and Caleb.

      The room was small and quiet, so loud shouting probably startled them.

      "Huh?! Lions need to shift and lick the wounds we caused for them to heal dumbass! If you didn't know how I was gonna heal him why didn't you ask before bringing me here you stupid bitch!" He explained while shouting at me.

       I didn't like the idea of another man having to look at my mate, so what made him think I'd be okay with letting him see Kyle completely naked? He's need to lick his wounds? No way in hell was that going to happen.

      "Liam, I know you won't like it but he won't get any better without him doing this. Trust me, he looks like he'll change his mind any second now so if we need to do this for Kyle we need to do it now." Caleb mindlinked me using our pack link and I groaned loudly before kicking the wall behind me.

       "Just hurry up and do it. Everyone else has to get out though, I don't think I'll be able to control my jealousy if everyone watches." I said to them and I could feel my heart begin to ache.

      This was all so that Kyle could get better, I didn't have time to be jealous right now.

     Cornelius told the girls to exit the room in that language that they spoke, and they left eagerly, with Caleb getting dragged along by them.

     I let out a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding before walking over to the door and locking it.

    "I'm sorry that I punched you earlier. I'll control myself better so please continue." I forced myself to say to Cornelius a few minutes later.

    "I think it's best if you leave the room too. I don't have any interest in your mate so don't worry about me trying to fuck him." He shrugged before I glared at him.

    "Honestly, just go wait in the hallway. If I don't do this Caleb will never give me a chance and I'm not gonna do this if your wolf attacks me in here." He said while stripping.

     I nodded, swallowing my pride and walking over to Kyle. The quicker I leave, the quicker this nightmare will be over.

     "Hurry back to me baby." I told Kyle before leaning down and kissing his soft plump lips. His lips were cold, causing tears to silently flow down my cheeks.

     I bite the inside of my cheek and kissed him one last time before I left the Now shifted lion alone with my mate.

    His lion was in control so now it was all up to the beast weather or not he was going to help Kyle or not. For all I know, he could kill him right now but I had hope that he wouldn't. He wanted Caleb's affection just as badly as Cornelius did, so he'd surly help him.

    I updated my brothers on the situation again and waited restlessly outside Kyle's medical room for the okay to come back inside. I wanted my baby in my arms again.