Chapter 16

James's POV

It upset me a little that Liam won the bet out of all of us. I prayed to both the moon goddess and the sun goddess to help me heal quickly so that I would be the one to see our beautiful mate first. But even though I prayed the hardest I could, they chose him to be the one that won our petty little bet.

He updated both me and Seth on Kyle's recovery every chance he got, which I was thankful for, but I wanted to see him with my own two eyes desperately.

"Our Alpha's were the ones that won't allow him to see us until the doctors clear him...They're still running their tests now." Liam said sadly through our brotherly mind-link.

We had so many mindlinks it was hard to be alone sometimes; I alone had one private one with just me and Kyle, one private one with both my brothers, one public one with the entire pack, and even with one small private one with both the Alphas.

I could sense his excitement the moment Kyle opened his eyes, but his excitement was now gone again as well as his usual goofiness. Now he was depressed again.

"At least he got to see our mate." My wolf, Ramis, said sternly, clearly jealous of Liam, and I agreed with him. At least he could move around freely now, without having to worry about the hospital staff yelling at him for trying to see our only reason for living.

"You're so ungrateful." I said to myself aloud so Liam wouldn't hear me. I knew it wasn't my brothers fault that I was still healing, I was just upset with myself still for not being able to protect Kyle.

    "I can feel your sadness brother, just breathe. I have an examination right now but I'll check on you later." Seth said quietly before he shut me out of his head.

No matter how many times I tried to tell myself it wasn't my fault, I somehow always ended up back at square one. The truth of the matter is that I wasn't strong enough to take care of the mate I've loved for several years now.

"It wasn't your fault." Kyle told me in our private mind-link, where only me and him could talk, our own little place.

Hearing his voice instantly relaxed my body. I haven't heard him speak in weeks, even if it wasn't face to face, it was something.

It let me know that this nightmare was almost over, but deep down, it reminded me of the guilt and the pictures of him laying down dying coursed through my mind.

"James...stop, i'm awake now, i'm better. You know i'd never blame any of you for what happened. I know you did the best you could, thanks to you, i'm here breathing now. You showed up at the right time and saved me. I'm so glad to have met you that time in the woods years ago, and I love you so much." He said in between sobs. It pained me to hear him break down in tears.

I bit down on my bottom lip and felt blood trickle down the side of my mouth. The irony taste landed on my tongue and I shook my head in disgust.

"James talk to me please, I miss your voice. I want to hear you." Kyle said, still sobbing and I could feel how much he craved to be near me. The feeling was mutual of course, I wanted nothing more than to be near him.

"Please baby..." Kyle whined softly, causing me to calm down and smile. He was so spoiled but he made it impossible to deny him of anything he wanted.

"You make it so hard to say no...I just miss you so much it's driving me crazy." I sighed out as I felt Kyle's mood pick up.

"I miss you to, Helus won't stop crying about your dick." Kyle mumbled frustrated, it made Ramis feel prideful that our mate craved our touch, but it made me blush out of embarrassment. He was always shameless when it came to talking about sex, and i'd always scold him about it.

"Kyle." I warned and without even seeing him I could tell that he rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"I know I know, you don't like when I say vulgar words but I can't help it! Dick and other words like fuck have been in my vocabulary for ages! Plus I couldn't help that going weeks without sex has made me crazy horny!" He complained and a small smile found it's way onto my lips.

I missed this, I missed him healthy and full of energy and as much as i'd rather him say he missed my smile, I decided to just be happy he missed some part of my body in the first place.

"And don't even get me started about how my doctor almost caught me wanking off last night when I thought of you guys all over me! Like it's weird getting aroused in a hospital but my boner wouldn't go away!" He said in so much shock and I almost began wheezing.

"I'd have to kill him if he saw that beautiful sight." I told him, causing him to huff.

"Oh trust me it wasn't that beautiful. I couldn't get my fingers in deep enough and I had to change positions so many times to even get some relief!" He groaned and I couldn't help but imagine how sexy he must've looked struggling on all fours on that small hospital bed. His body was well built so when he bends over, man it was such a good sight to see.

"Okay baby I get it, you're making me turned on and given the situation i'm in, that's not a good thing right now." I told him and he understood completely.

"I'll come see you as soon as I can." He breathed out, sleepily.

"Okay, get some rest." I told him, then moments later, I was left in the silence of my medial room again.