Chapter 32

A/N: I'm posting the next chapter right after this one since I'm trying to finish up this story quickly, even though I just posted chapter 31 yesterday! Also I'm writing Cornelius's and Caleb's story but it won't be posted until the book is completed so no one has to wait for chapter updates!!!

Caleb's POV

  I sighed again for the hundredth time tonight as I sat alone in Cornelius's cabin on their couch. Their cabin was more furnished and bigger on the inside than the other guest one that Kyle and his mates were staying in.

  They left me alone while they all went hunting despite all the protesting Liam had against it.
For some reason he said he'd rather at least one of them stay with me since they didn't know about the neighboring pack situation; but instead all nine of them left to cover different areas.

   I didn't mind being left alone, it was just boring and I didn't feel comfortable since I was in a foreign place. It was like being left alone during your first ever visit to your friends house or something like that.

   I took the time to wander around the living room, too afraid to go adventuring deeper into the cabin, but even that got boring after a while.

  How long did it take to hunt something? On our way over here we passed by tons of bison, birds and other animals.

   I shivered at how cold it was inside but I was thankful that the ac was blasting. It was super hot outside and I didn't like the heat at all so if I did stay here with him, it would take some getting used to.

    I didn't have a blanket and I didn't feel like moving to go find one either. I didn't want to watch tv or read anything, hell I didn't want to even be here but there's no use going back now.

    Suddenly I heard a huge bang outside which made me jump and hide behind the couch unconsciously.

     "Wait why are we hiding?" My wolf asked me softly but I didn't even know the answer myself. It was like my body did it without thinking.

     "Maybe it was a Gazelle or something..." I told myself before finding the courage to peek over the couch and look towards the front door.

      It was dead silent now. Earlier I could hear the sounds of crickets and other insects outside but whatever made that noise made them get quiet and stop.

      "Or hunters. Cornelius said human hunters and tourists always come around his territory..." My wolf commented and I continued to blankly stare at the door.

     I didn't have a link with Cornelius and even if I wanted to ask him or the others for help, I didn't want to burden them even more than I have.

     I'm a big boy, and I'm inside. Whatever's out there might be long gone by now and even if it wasn't, I'm inside and it's out there.

   I can't keep relying on other people to protect me and I hated being babied so now was the time to be strong and man up.

   "It's fine. You're fine. Everything's fine." I muttered to myself quietly as I slid down the back of the couch.

     If I shifted, I could probably be able to pick up it's scent better than in this form, and hear better too, but it would also make me more vulnerable because of the size of my wolf.

     Instead of debating whether I should or not, I decided to just do it to reassure myself that I'm safe and fine alone.

     And fuck that was a huge mistake.

      As soon as I took my clothes off, I shifted and the smell of other wolves instantly hit my nose. I scoffed at how gross they smelled but I think it was just because I've never smelt wolves outside of my pack before.