Chapter 24

Kyle's POV

"I'm coming down but I'll give you a count down in case your nasty junk is out." I heard Becky say before laughing.

  "Ten....nine....eight..." She began to count causing me to blush even harder with embarrassment before I started putting my pants back on.

  "Seven... six....five...oh what the hell we've all seen each other naked before and I need to hurry up and give you this food before I eat it. You know Gavin's food is irresistible, especially to my tummy." She said before coming down the stairs and I believed every word she said, she really would eat it.

  Becky was our Luna Elliott's best friend along side Gavin. They supposedly grew close to him when he first met Trevor and ever since then they've always been close.

   She was a normal pack member that watches over the pups, well, whenever she wasn't stuffing her mouth with food or being lazy. The last time I saw her was last week, she was brushing out her curly ginger hair in frustration and now she stood in front of me with it all basically chopped off.

"Nice hair cut and don't even think about eating my food." I complemented her as her bright green eyes were locked on my plate made by the amazing cook Gavin.

"Thanks, it was kind of annoying me. I like it short, it feels lighter and I don't need to do as much to it." She said but kept her eyes locked on my plate.

"H-here. Gavin made you roasted goat with potatoes and onions." She said and it literally looked like she had to force herself to hand me the plate through the bars. The girl must really love food.

"Thank you, where is he by the way?" I said as I quickly took the plate away from her. She looked at me relieved before whipping her forehead.

"He was making out with some dude the last time I saw him." She told me before making a disgusted face and tossing me a cold water bottle I didn't even notice she had in her pocket.

"So the new moon doesn't affect you?" I asked her in between bites of my food.

"I mean not much, every now and then I'll spoon my pillow but I usually just sleep it off or get hungry. I don't have a mate yet and getting worked up is too much work." She said honestly and I almost laughed.

"You're basically saying you're too lazy to get aroused during the full moon, one of the most important times for us?" I said before scarfing down the last of my food.

"Damn you eat faster than me and yeah pretty much." She said in amazement while watching me.

"First off, Ive seen you eat and no one eats faster than you little lady and two, would you even want a mate? I've never seen you look at anyone with interest before." I asked her curiously.

Talking to her made my arousal disappear which I was thankful for since I still didn't want to rub one out on the cellar floor.

"I'm not sure. I've found people attractive before but I've never really gone for anyone. There was one time I felt like this dude was my mate by his scent but it turns out we weren't mates and he was just holding a really good smelling bag of Doritos." She hummed before ruffling her new short hair.

   "But it's not like I'm against the idea or anything, I just feel like the older I get the more noticeably lonely I'll look you know? Like everyone my age around me has mates already and I'm just costing but I'm totally okay with that for now. Of course I start to think that maybe I just don't have one like the rare cases but then again if I do have one, they're probably going crazy." She began to rant as I sat my plate down and just sat on the floor in front of her, listening to everything she was telling me.

   She sat down too, shuttering at how cold the floor was before she continued.

   "And sometimes I get all sad you know? Like am I even good enough for whoever my mate is, I'm just a lazy fat-ass that's good with kids, that's not really an achievement. Plus I'm really self-conscious regarding my body. If I get a mate, it'll probably take me years to even want to get changed around them. I know it's weird coming from me but it's different when someone wants to see your body from a romantic view." She said, mumbling the last part before a blush crept onto her face.

    She was always the first one to get undressed to shift or to go swimming with such confidence so I never would've guessed she was self-conscious about her body, well from a romantic view point.

   "Like I love my body but when I think of having like...sex...I get really weird. They might think my body is gross and I know it's normal to be shy about your first time but I seriously don't think I'll even be able to get undressed in front of them at all! What if they think my body is gross or my ass is too fat? My thighs are too thicc for this little body!" She whined and I shook my head dramatically.

   "You're literally perfect! You don't have to be shy about anything! You're super cute and there's no such thing as an ass that's too fat! Plus look at me, it took me months to even mate with my mates and I have three of them girlfriend! There's nothing wrong with wanting to take your time, shit even I felt self-conscious about my mates seeing my body but they helped me learn that they love me just how I am, and I'm sure your mate will think the same thing." I said before smiling at her.

   She smiled back at me wide before taking my plate in her freckled hand.

   "You better not tell anyone this happened or I'll tell everyone you were jerking off in your cell." She told me warningly before sticking her tongue out at me and dashing back up the stairs she came down.

    I laughed to myself and was relieved my lust died down. I knew it was going to come back but for now it was nice to have peace and a clear mind...