Chapter 51

James's POV

   "Remember, we sprayed on that mysterious stuff so that our scents will disappear. Meaning Kyle, Caleb and Meti, along with everyone else in there, won't be able to smell us. Just because we can't be smelled doesn't mean we can't be heard, Liam. So follow the plan and be stealthy." I told everyone in front of Cornelius's house before we each took off onto the forest.

   The plan wasn't as simple as I wanted it to be, but it should be just as affective. Liam and Seth were going to go rescue Kyle. Nuru, Diya and Anvi were going to rescue Caleb and Meti. And Cornelius and I were in charge of taking down their ring leader.

   The only problem was, we never really figured out who it was. Vada said she's seen the guy a few times before when they were wandering around the land, looking for territory, so we have a pretty decent description to go off of.

She said he was a pretty tall male, close to my height and had different colored eyes. But it didn't matter what the dude looked like now because we were going to rearrange his face with our fists.

I tried to calm myself down and think rationally but my wolf was my internal cheerleader and keeps rooting for me to tear the guys face off.

"Think about what he's put Kyle through." My wolf said, causing me to growl just thinking about it.

Kyle was and meant everything to me, he was my world and my sun. If anything happened to him because I took too long to get there again I wouldn't know how to control myself. I'd probably go on a rampage and just see red.

I'm finally coming to terms with what happened between Kyle and Cornelius not being my fault but at the same time, it's one thing after another happening. It really feels like I'm being put through a test to see if I'm worthy enough for Kyle and to see if I can protect him; which I'm clearly not since he's been kidnapped.

   It only took a few minutes to get within reach of seeing the pack's makeshift village and I was driven to get this over and done with already. I can't wait another day without him in my arms, I just couldn't.

   Cornelius was matching my speed so we continued to charge towards the biggest building.

A few minutes later, all teams were separated and lurking around outside the building. Cornelius and I were crouching in some bushes, probably both thinking of ways to get inside without being spotted.

I saw a door on the side of the building where only one person came out of and thought going that way might be easier. The boy had blue hair and was relatively short so if he spotted us I'm pretty sure we could take him in a fight.

    I nudged Cornelius with my arm and he followed after me but continued to stay on guard. I was right by the building and could sense Kyle, but I couldn't mind-link him.

   "They probably gave him something strange that's interfering with our links." My wolf said and I thought the same thing. Just like the potion that made us scentless, they probably gave him something to halt communication.

   "Caleb can you hear me?" I asked him through the link we still shared. If I couldn't get through to Kyle, hopefully I could at least get through to Caleb.

   "Yeah I can hear you!" Caleb responded and I sighed with relief as me and Cornelius inches closer and closer to the door where the boy was near.

   "Stay wherever you are, We're all here to rescue you guys. Is Kyle with you?" I asked hopefully but the silence after I asked the question only worried me.

   "Their leader, Julian, took him away from us a few days ago." He responded and I felt the anger starting to build up in me but I calmed myself down. My brothers were going to bring him back safe and sound, I needed to focus so that I could do my part and take "Julian" down.

   "Okay thank you, just stay put." I told him seriously.

   We didn't need them causing any attention or problems while we were trying to rescue them.

   "Caleb sounds better than I thought he would." I whispered to Cornelius but he just stayed silent for once.

   He was probably missing Caleb and Meti just as much as I missed Kyle.

   Then I guess he got impatient at the thought of Caleb because once we were close enough to the boy, he just grabbed him from behind and put him in a choke hold.

"Do anything rash and I'll snap you neck right here. Take us to where your fucking boss is." Cornelius said and the boy instantly began to tremble despite glaring at us.

The boy nodded reluctantly then led us inside with Cornelius still holding a firm grip on him.

I looked around to make sure we weren't spotted but the inside hallways seemed to be empty and clear of people.

After a few minutes of walking, the blue haired boy pointed to a door and without any thought, Cornelius threw him to the side and used his foot to kick the door down.

But behind the door, Julian wasn't alone.

My brothers were there, growling at him from one side of the room while he stood there grinning with his hands wrapped around Kyle on the opposite side of the room. It threw me off because he clearly did something to Kyle because I couldn't smell or sense I was even near my own mate.

"Well, look who else decided to join the party." That son of a bitch said and I felt my fists start to tremble in anger.

Today was going to be his last day alive.