Chapter 39

A/N: I'm not good with fight scenes but here's another update! I have some chapters I haven't finished writing but overall this book is longer than I planned on making it. Hopefully people stick around til the end! Thank you all for reading my book!

Kyle's POV

I whined loudly as I felt a sharp pain course throughout my right leg. I was fighting them off pretty good for a four on one battle but every now and then I'd get a hard blow that hurt me.

"Just fight them off long enough for backup to come." My wolf reminded me and I couldn't agree more.

I didn't have to win alone, I just needed to hold them down as a distraction until more help gets here... hopefully any minute now.

"Don't worry Caleb, I'm stronger than these weaklings so don't cry." I mind-linked Caleb but it was no use.

I don't think my words reached him.

I think he was still traumatized from the time we fought against Cornelius. I understood why he was feeling the way he was, but in this situation it was a huge weakness. He's an easy target and was on the verge of literally pissing himself from fear.

I moved my attacks forward, pushing them back towards the direction they came from to get them further from Caleb but that did me more harm than I thought. The more I tried to get the attacks to go one way, two of the wolves nipped at my injured leg while the bigger one continued to try to bite chunks out of my neck.

"You were right, there's wolves coming in from each corner! I've already taken down five small fries so I'll be heading your way after one last search baby." James told me and I let out a growl the moment the larger wolf tried to pin me down using his weight.

Only my mates were allowed to do that move on me but just the thought of another one of my mates coming to my aid both relieved me and made me feel loved. He finished off five small fries while I was still struggling with these three alone? Damn was he strong.

"Please hurry." I told all three of them and I could feel their emotions again. They were pushing themselves to the limit just to hurry up and be by my side. I didn't want them to rush because the number one thing we taught in training was that rushing led to errors in battle. The more you rush, the more sloppy your moves get; which can lead to deaths when rogues are involved.

I used my head to head butt the huge wolf in front of me causing him to lean backwards and fall on his back. The other two didn't waver and continued to try to attack my leg as I tried my hardest to bite at both of their noses.

I looked over at Caleb again for reassurance and I saw that he was still in the same spot he was in when the battle first broke out.

"Caleb honey if you can hear me I need you to run. I can't fight fully with you here." I told him but again, I don't think he could hear me over his own thoughts.

Just as I was about to snarl loudly in hopes to snap him out of it, Meti came out of no where and tackled the two wolves away from me in her Lioness form. She was alone but just her here was enough to bring some balance back into this fight.

She was huge in her beast form, and she was scaring the living hell out of the two younger wolves now under her. She tripled the weight of normal wolves in that form and she was just tall overall.

She roared in their faces which instantly made them faint but that didn't stop her from continuing to roar loudly and stand on top of them. I knew they had a few broken bones just from her paws weight but she didn't move an inch from towering over them in case they regained consciousness and decided to attack.

I looked from that scene over to the huge wolf that wasn't swayed. He stood a few feet away from me and the sheer anger he felt was so intense I felt it from where I was standing.

Meti crouched over the bodies of his comrades and bared her huge teeth, challenging the huge wolf to do something about his injured friends being trampled on by her and roared again, signaling she was still extremely angry that they were here in the first place.

With her now here, I slowly moved my way back to Caleb and nuzzled him lightly. I watched as physically Caleb started to calm down a bit and suddenly he stopped trembling.

I looked back over at the huge wolf and instead of backing down from the fight or fleeing, the anger he had on his face faded into a casually calm one.

"Why is he fine? Shouldn't he be attacking us?!" My wolf asked just as confused as me. Then that's when I heard a loud plop.

Meti fell over with a huge tranquilizer dart shot into her arm, causing her to pass out on top of the boys she was protecting us from; followed by Caleb falling over too because of the same type of dart.

I looked around past the huge wolf into the forest for any clues to where these darts suddenly came from, only to be shot by one in my arm myself. It hurt and it made me overcome with the will to sleep but I was stronger than they taught I was.

I ran up towards the larger wolf and before I had the chance to bite off his face, a second dart hit me in my chest, causing me to lose feeling in my arms and legs. I crashed down into the dirt floor underneath me only inches away from the other wolves body but my body was too weak to stand back up.

   I tried growling but even then nothing came out of my mouth.

   I fought with my eye lids to stay open as I slowly saw a blurred figure emerge from the bushes in the forest with a huge gun like thing in it's arms.

   "No no no no no. I can't lose you again, stay with me baby. Stay with us." I heard Seth say in the mindlink as their panicked emotions invaded my body unannounced.

   "Keep those eyes opened beautiful, you need to watch us kick their asses." Liam chimed in but it was too late. Their words reached me but my head was starting to spin.

   My eyes grew heavier by the second and my body felt like it didn't even belong to me anymore.

   "I told ya he was a strong one. It might keep him out for a while but third times a charm." I heard a southern male and deep voice say before I felt another dart hit my body. And he was right. Third time was a charm because I was out instantly.

   Everything suddenly stopped. There was no noise, I didn't feel anyone's feelings (including my own), and I couldn't see anything but darkness.