Chapter 48

Kyle's POV

"Come on. I'll show you something you've probably never seen. You high ranked pack members are loved by your packs, you've never seen the pain a lot of us go through." Julian explained before bending down and yanking my chain, forcing me to my feet.

As a beta, I was trained to be strong but the fact that he effortlessly could yank me up, meant that he was training since he was younger just as I was.

He opened the door roughly and led me out of the room and I just followed behind him.

It was unusually quiet despite this being their main building. I thought I'd hear and see all kinds of people running around or talking but it was dead silent. It's like everyone was hiding because they could sense Julian's anger.

"You're a Beta and you have three male mates so I'll show you the pain you probably are too stuck up to see." He said sternly while he yanked me behind him quicker.

What the hell was this psycho going on about now? Just because my position was high in the hierarchy didn't mean anything in our pack, everyone was treated pretty much equal (other than the Alpha's and Luna of course) when it came to status.

    I was looked up to of course, I protected a lot of people and took years to earn respect. The packs were once separated to begin with, our Luna had two Alpha's from different packs as mates and due to some circumstances we became one huge pack. But not everyone was happy with the merge. I fought to keep my place as a Beta and work harder to outshine the packs second Beta too.

"Betas, Alphas, Luna's, they're all just a bunch of worthless titles. I'll make sure you realize how worthless you really are." He grumbled to himself and I felt my heart start to race again.

   Was I seriously going die here? Was he going to hurt me just because I was a Beta?

   No, I wouldn't let him get the chance to. If anything I'd just have to use up all my training to do what I had to do, escape. If I formulated a plan and thought it through, I could probably get us out of here without them hurting us too badly.

   "We're here. First drink this." Julian said before pulling out a small veil with purple liquid.

   He was crazy if he thought I'd just willingly do whatever he wanted to. I moved my head in refusal and he growled at me.

   "It wasn't an order." He snarled before he grabbed me by the back of my head and pulled my hair roughly.

   He popped opened the veil and put the liquid in his mouth before forcing his lips against mine. He used his tongue to force it down my throat and mouth while I tried squirming away from his grasp.

    The second his lips left mine he kicked me hard in the stomach, forcing me to swallow it and cough afterwards.

   "Are you okay?" Caleb whimpered in our mindlink but it was starting to get fuzzy and staticky.

   I gasped for air and groaned out in pain on the floor as I felt my body start to tingle.

"What did you do?" I asked angrily while I glared at him. All he did was smirk and grab the annoying chain again, yanking me off the floor before I had time to recover.

   "We're here. That was just a precaution for later." He said before opening a huge wooden door on the first floor.

   Once he opened the door, he walked inside, pulling me behind him as he looked around. The room was small and clean. The walls were baby blue with random clouds on them while the floor was white oak wood.