Chapter 2

James's POV

I smiled as my mates scent hit me from outside our house. He was usually only home for dinner once a month since he was so busy with his beta duties but he was actually here early today. To say I was surprised was an understatement. I was super shocked and excited, mostly because my wolf was close to the surface, wanting to take over.

I opened the door eagerly only to see he was sleeping lightly on the couch. I closed the door behind me and walked over to him.

He must've worked hard so he could get home early, causing him to be exhausted.

I smiled while walking off to get him a blanket since I didn't want him to catch a cold.

    When I came back with it, he was awake, sitting up and staring at me. He still looked a little drowsy and his dazed appearance was very adorable.

"Welcome home, sorry I fell asleep. I wanted to greet you as soon as you walked in." He said while he rubbed his eyes, clearly still tired. It was only six o clock but he seemed to want to rest so bad. Usually when his heat cycle was a day or two away, he'd sleep a lot. Mostly because his stamina would be great for whenever he decided to mate with us.

      "It's okay, you're sleepy right? With your heat cycle any day now and your pack duties I'm sure you're tired." I told him and he pouted. He loved being one of the only two betas in our pack, I mean who wouldn't. It's such a great title and it feels me with pride to know my little mate is working hard. He cares deeply for Alpha Trevor, apparently they've been friends since they were young pups. He seemed to like everything about his job other than the fact that he was rarely around us.

        I hate that he's always gone too but unlike Seth and Liam, I understand that he can't always be near us. It's not as bad since we haven't marked him yet but once we do, it'll be hard to be inseparable.

    Especially during the first week of us finally mating.

       We'd finally get to have a stronger bond with him after these two years of being with him. We'd get to have our own mind-link with him that no one else can hear, him showing off our marks on his sexy body and maybe even a few pups of our own. It's always been a dream of mine, well every male wolf, to have someone bear our pups. I'd love to be a father but I know just the thought of it scares Kyle.

      Of course he'd have to step down from his position, which is a major concern for him, and since he's a male, he can give birth. I know he was straight before we came along so him having sex with not only one but three guys is hard for him to even imagine. Not to mention that just because he can get pregnant, it doesn't mean the pups will come out okay. Since he's a guy it'll be even harder on his body than a females. I couldn't live with myself if anything bad happened to him, especially if he was ever pregnant.

       "I miss your scent." He said suddenly while he walked over to me and nuzzled his face into my neck. I instantly wrapped my arms around him and took a deep whiff of his scent, forgetting all my bad thoughts. His scent always cleared my mind and calmed me down, his scent was a sweet mixture of strawberries and bananas. I could smell it all day without getting tired or annoyed by it, it just smelled so good.

      "Agh, you all have different scents but I'm in love with all of them." He whined into my chest after withdrawing from my neck.

       "What do I smell like?" I asked and he rubbed his face all over my chest.

       "Like heaven." He mumbled before I rested my chin on his head.

       "Your scent is Ponderosa that's sap has been out too long in the sun which smells to me like vanilla." He said while smiling. Which makes sense, a lot of people say my scent is amazing because it's different for every person who comes across it, just like the Ponderosa pine tree.

       For some people it smells like coconut but to others it smells like fresh cookies, my own parents argue about it because my mother insists my scent is only of cinnamon while my father says he smells only vanilla. Seth smells butterscotch and Liam smells vanilla too.

       "I wish I could just bottle your scent up and carry it around with me all day." Kyle said before hugging me tightly. I hugged him back while displaying an enormous grin on my face. My wolf, Ramis, was pleased by the affection our mate gave us. It was rare to receive affection from him without one of my brothers around so it was nice to receive it.

       "Liam plans to sneak some prey here so we can all eat it for dinner, we haven't eaten together in a long time so I'm looking forward to dinning with you guys." Kyle said and I could hear the slight sadness in his voice.

       "I hope he doesn't get caught, I've been looking forward to the next time we all ate together but are you sure you're gonna be okay? You're not too tired are you? I'll prepare dinner once they both get here, which isn't for another hour so you can rest in the meantime." I told him and he nodded slowly. We both knew if he didn't rest now he'd fall asleep right when the boys returned.

         "Lay with me?" He asked me, with his cute puppy dog eyes pleading for me to give into temptation.

         "I don't think that's a good idea." I told him truthfully with concern written all over my face. I don't mind laying or cuddling with him but when he sleeps he tosses around and somehow always ends up naked. Plus even after living together for two years, I've never slept beside him before. We all had our own rooms so I've never really gotten the chance to so I'm not sure if I could control myself if a naked clingy Kyle straddled me in his sleep.

"Fine." He said pouting before stomping off to his room. I couldn't help but love him, his pouts and all. Even when he whines and acts spoiled, I can't help but feel so attracted to him. He's like a totally different person when he's working though, his face gets so serious and he barely shows emotion.

"I'm thinking about letting you guys mate me this year." He yelled from down the hall right as Seth walked through the front door. Both our jaws dropped and I smiled. We'd finally get to mark our amazing mate after so long.