seventy six

"Ricky, no!" Nini laughs as Ricky leans over to steal another of Nini's fries.

Their group went to a local diner after leaving the school's parking lot.

"Oh, stop being so cute, you two. My shake is starting to taste bad," Ashlyn groans.

"Let them live, Ash," Kourtney nudges her. "Senior Homecoming only happens once."

"Speaking of Homecoming, did you guys hear about the project in Mr. White's class? I heard they have to carry around cameras or something." Red mentions.

Nini and Ricky look over to each other before laughing.

"Am I missing something again?" Red asks.

"Sorry—" Nini collects herself. "We're in that class."

"And we definitely haven't been taking photos," Ricky finishes.

"You guys are failing that project. You missed all of the game and the dance." Ashlyn shakes her head.

"I left my camera in the car, though, so technically we could make this work if we start taking pictures now." Ricky raises his eyebrows.

Nini smiles. "What are we waiting for? Let's have some fun."

"What were we having just now?" Kourtney teases.

"Oh, hush." Nini laughs. "You know what I meant."

"Are we ready to head out? I know somewhere we can go." Ricky nods his head towards the door.

The group mumbles in agreement before heading out and to the car.

"Graffiti spot?" Nini asks Ricky from the passenger seat, cocking her head sideways with a smile.

Ricky places his hand on Nini's leg. "Where else would we go?"

And so, the group heads off to the park where Ricky and Nini first hung out.

The drive is the same as Nini has always experienced it— with the wind in her hair and music blasting through the speakers.

Nini doesn't know what the rest of her life, or even just high school, will look like, but she does know one thing.

She hopes these people stay with her along the way.

The end.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

sorry to have made you wait so long for this!!

thank you so much to everyone who read this story and supported it in any and every way. i appreciate you all so much!!

this is the first full story i've published to wattpad, and y'all have made it an amazing experience.

stream drivers license by olivia rodrigo!!!

-jenna <3