sixty eight

"Are you ready for the game tonight?" Ricky asks Nini as they're driving to Ricky's house to pick up his uniform.

Football players have to wear dress clothes to school on home game days, meaning Ricky is currently in a white button down with khaki slacks and a blue neck tie.

Cheerleaders have to wear their entire uniforms all day, so Nini is all covered. She's just along for the ride as her boyfriend gets everything he needs for tonight.

Most game days he brings his duffle bag with all his stuff with him to school, but he was running late this morning and barely had time to tie his tie correctly.

"I'll just be a minute," Ricky lets her know as he gives her a kiss on the cheek, leaving the car running in his parking spot.

As time passes, Nini finds herself looking around his car. She doesn't mean to be nosy, but she doesn't know what else she's meant to do while she waits.

In the rear view mirror, something shiny quickly catches her attention and she looks back to see a silver balloon popping up from under a blanket on the floor.

Nini chuckles. She has a feeling he's doing his last minute Homecoming ask tonight. They bought their tickets today from the finance window at school, so they know they'll be attending together already, anyway, but being formally asked to a dance is an experience Nini hasn't had before.

Ricky returns to the car, throwing his duffle bag in the trunk before hopping back in.

Nini can't help but smile.

"What's that look for?" Ricky asks curiously.

"Oh, nothing. Can't a girl be happy to see her boyfriend?" Nini asks innocently.

Ricky rolls his eyes with a laugh. "Not when you're acting this suspicious."

"Just drive, Ricky." Nini laughs.

Ricky raises his eyebrows, about to do what she asked, but leans in to kiss her quickly.

Nini is surprised, but she smiles into it. She can't believe how good life feels right now.

She has an amazing boyfriend that's taking her to Homecoming, she's captain of the cheer squad, and Gina is out of her hair for a whole week while she's suspended.

What could possibly go wrong?

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

early update because it's short!!

feeling: maniacal

in other news, y'all's gina hate club has me laughing so hard,, thank you for that

-jenna