fifty

"You got the rumor around?" EJ asks quietly as he pulls Gina aside in the hallway.

It's emptying out for class, but the two have a free period.

"You have so little faith in me, Caswell. Of course it's around." Gina rolls her eyes.

"Where's Nini?"

"How should I know?" Gina shrugs. "I saw her go into the bathroom so I went in there and told Emma, but I haven't seen her since then."

"Okay. I can't have rumors around that I disrespected her. She can't be trustworthy."

"Didn't you actually, like, grab her ass when she was uncomfortable or something?" Gina checks her nails.

EJ narrows his eyes at her. "Where did you hear that?"

Gina raises an eyebrow. "Why am I helping you again?"

EJ grunts. "Because you want to be cheer captain, Gi."

Gina makes a disgusted face. "Seriously, don't call me that."

"What the hell am I supposed to call you if I can't say your name?"

"Gina," she clarifies.

"Whatever, Regina George."

Gina smirks. "Now that's a name I can work with."

"God, why do people like you?"

"I could ask the same thing about you, Elijah." Gina raises her eyebrows amusedly.

"I'm nowhere near your level."

"You asked me to spread a rumor about a girl you call one of your best friends just so she won't go blabbing the truth about you," Gina reminds him with a laugh.

EJ raises his eyebrows. "The fact that you're laughing at that tells me you're still worse."

"We're like-minded, Elijah. You're just as bad as I am." Gina studies her nail beds.

"Excuse me?" The hall monitor interrupts. "You can't be in the hallway during class."

"Tiffany, honey, if you ever want to get onto the cheer team you have got to stop being the hall monitor. You know that's the reason we denied you, right? You're a snitch," Gina informs her.

Tiffany's jaw drops. "That's why?"

Gina laughs. "That, and you dance like a baby giraffe."

"Gina—" EJ starts, but is cut off by Tiffany narrowing her eyes and pulling out her walkie talkie.

"Well, since I'm already a snitch, I may as well tell the principal you're on your way to his office, huh?"

Gina gasps mockingly. "Not the principal!"

EJ grabs Gina's shoulder. "Gina, for real. Stop. If I get detention, I can't play this weekend."

Gina rolls her eyes. "You're no fun."

"Gina is sorry, Tiffany. She's on her period."

Gina turns to snarl at EJ. "Jackass."

Tiffany huffs, walking away.

"You're welcome. Now let's get out of here before you get me into trouble." EJ commands.

"You're in plenty of trouble already when people find out this rumor isn't true, Elijah. Why not have fun with it while you can?" Gina says as she follows EJ to a classroom.

"We're done talking. I'll see you later."

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

lowkey tho i love them as a chaotic duo

-jenna