thirteen

"You didn't talk to her," Red deadpans once Ricky finishes telling the tale of the car wash in Red's basement.

"I did!" Ricky defends.

"Yeah, I know, you 'defended her honor' or whatever," Red quotes what Ricky told him. "You didn't talk about anything you told me you were going to."

"It didn't come up."

"Ricky, that isn't really something that she's going to bring up on purpose," Red reasons.

"But it's also not something I should just jump into. Like— 'Hey Nini! So, your moms are dead. How about them apples?'. That would go swimmingly." Ricky rolls his eyes before looking to their paused game of Mario Kart.

Red flops back onto a beanbag. "Dude, I'm trying to live vicariously through you and you're not giving me great content right now."

Ricky finds that statement ridiculous and can't help but laugh.

Soon enough, the boys are having a fit of laughter, unable to stop for no reason.

"God, Red, you're ridiculous." Ricky is finally able to say after they sober up a bit.

"Hey! Nothing interesting happens around here. The plans with that Dylan guy I told you about fell through and I'm down to a solid zero options."

"Dylan was boring anyway, dude. You can do so much better," Ricky comforts his friend.

"Thanks, Ricky, that actually really means a lot." Red smiles.

"Are we having a moment? Should we do a blood brothers ceremony?" Ricky asks.

The boys start laughing once more.

Ricky is very happy that he met Red.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

redky <33 i really like friendship content while rini progresses. what duo do you want to see more of? :)

-jenna