fifty five

"What's your plan?" Kourtney asks when she sees Nini at school the next morning.

"What makes you think I have a plan?" Nini raises her eyebrows.

"I know you. You didn't come to school after a day like yesterday without a plan of action."

"Okay, well, you're right, but if I talk about it I'm scared I'll chicken out, so I can't tell you," Nini explains.

Ricky approaches the two, wrapping an arm around Nini. "Hey."

Kourtney looks back and forth between the two of them. "Y'all are good now?"

Nini blushes. "We can talk about this later. Ricky, let's get to class."

Nini pulls Ricky with her along the hallway.

"You didn't tell Kourtney about yesterday?" Ricky asks.

"I haven't talked to anyone but you," Nini explains. "I'm not exactly one to gush out my feelings to the first available person."

"To be honest, I haven't told Red, either." Ricky shrugs. "I mean, he knows I like you, but not that we—" Ricky stops himself. "What exactly are we?"

Nini looks up at him, stifling her laughter. "Does now really seem like the time to be talking about what we are?"

Ricky's cheek flush pink. "You're right, ignore that."

Nini lets out a laugh. "Before I really knew you, I never would have pinned you as a dorky, romantic, kind of guy."

"I'd never been one before, to be quite honest with you."

"I must be special, then," Nini teases.

"You are," Ricky agrees.

Nini scrunches her nose, embarrassed. "I was only joking, you softie."

Ricky laughs. "Okay, fine. You're not special at all. You're the most normal that normal can be."

"Much better."

"So, what's your plan for clearing everything up?" Ricky changes the subject.

Nini scrunches her face. "I can't talk about it or I won't do it."

"Is it bad?" Ricky asks, suddenly concerned.

"No, no, it's just... I'm not always the most confident, and right now I feel good about it. I'm afraid that if I think too much, I'll change my mind."

"Okay, I get that," Ricky complies. "If you need any help with anything, though, I'm here."

Nini smiles, looking up at him. "Thank you."

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

almost time for nini's confrontation!!

-jenna