sixty six

"So, you're dating Nini?" Red asks Ricky in the hallway of East High.

Ricky shrugs, continuing to walk to class. "Yeah. You knew that, though."

"Yeah, but... That's all I get?" Red complains, following him.

Ricky chuckles amusedly, not as much as glancing at his redheaded friend. "We're at school, so yes."

"So what you're saying is that if I ask you later, I'll get more?" Red reduces.

"Maybe," Ricky tells him smugly.

"Hey."

Red looks over to see Nini approaching them. Ricky had seen her before and was walking towards her intentionally.

"Hey." Ricky smiles back to her, taking her hand in his.

"Oh, God. You're already mushy. I'll see you later." Red pats Ricky on the back and heads to his next class.

"Bye, Red," Nini calls after him, laughing.

"How was class?" Ricky asks as they start towards their next one.

"It was alright. Gina didn't show."

"So, she's actually suspended, huh?" Ricky ponders.

"I guess she is." Nini laughs.

"It feels good to have the upper hand," Ricky admits.

"You didn't even have to do anything," Nini reminds him with a nudge.

"I was great moral support, thank you very much."

Nini laughs once more.

Ricky smiles as well, looking over at her. "It's good to see you happy."

Nini rolls her eyes playfully. "Don't go all soft on me, Dork."

Ricky shakes his head with a chuckle.

They soon arrive at their next class, which, thankfully, they have together.

They slide into their desks next to each other.

"Alright, class. Thank you for joining me today," Mr. White greets them. "As you all know, Homecoming is this weekend, the big game being tonight."

The class starts to whoop.

Ricky and Nini look at each other. They've been so busy with everything going on that they didn't even notice the posters in the halls advertising the dance.

"Because of this exciting time, I have decided to give you an assignment that's more on the fun side," Mr. White continues.

This gets the class' attention.

"I would like you to create a portfolio of your weekend. You will all be responsible for taking photos of your experience on these," he holds up a disposable camera. "And have them printed. With those photos, you will create a collage on a poster board, and we will display each poster board in class on Monday."

The class murmurs in excitement.

Mr. White starts to hand out the disposable cameras, one by one.

Nini looks to Ricky with a smile. "This'll be interesting."

Ricky chuckles. "It sure will."

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

hoco!!!!

here we go

-jenna