twenty eight

Kourtney is pacing around her room. She has no idea how to handle this. Her date had gone more amazingly than she ever could have expected, but there's one slight issue. The other girl on the date was Nini's ex best friend.

*flashback*

"Kourtney?" Kourtney hears a voice ask.

Kourt looks up to see Ashlyn walking towards her. "Hey Ashlyn," Kourtney greets.

"What are you doing here?"

Kourtney feels her cheeks tinge pink. "I'm waiting on a date."

Ashlyn's jaw drops. "There's no way. Is it a blind date with a girl that likes fashion?"

Kourtney's face shifts in realization. "You're my blind date?"

"I suppose so." Ashlyn tucks a strand of hair behind her ear before referring to the chair across from Kourtney. "May I?"

"Oh, yes! Of course, yes. Please sit." Kourtney babbles.

*end flashback*

Kourtney and Ashlyn spent the rest of the night talking and laughing. They were surprised at how well they seemed to get along. Both of them decided that they'd want to go out again, but Kourtney mentioned that she should talk to Nini about it first, just to make sure she knows before they go any further. The last thing Nini needs is to be surprise attacked by finding out her best friend and ex best friend are now going out without telling her.

Kourtney has absolutely no idea how she's going to tell Nini.

She can't wait too long and risk Nini finding out some other way, but she also doesn't want to have to tell her at all.

What if it freaks her out? What if Ashlyn secretly hates Nini and just didn't say anything because she liked Kourtney? What if Nini spirals again from bad memories being brought back?

Kourtney knows she can't just worry about Nini in this situation. She deserves to be happy too, she just doesn't want to compromise Nini's happiness to have her own. There are plenty of fish in the sea, but there's only one Nina Salazar-Roberts.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

well, this just got a little more complicated... were you expecting this?

-jenna