sixty four

"What the hell is going on?" Gina hisses as she pulls EJ aside.

"I don't know Gina, you're the one that usually knows things," EJ spits back. "The guys are all avoiding me like the fucking plague."

"Yeah, well, I just got suspended for a week." Gina informs him.

"What? Why?"

"Because apparently I've been 'academically dishonest'," Gina mocks. "I think one of  your teammates told on me."

"Why does it have to be one of my teammates?" EJ scoffs.

"Well, I'm guessing Grant said something after he found out about you and I."

EJ rolls his eyes. "Grant wouldn't stoop that low. Try one of your other boy toys."

"Like you?" Gina challenges.

"Gina, I didn't even know you were being academically— whatever you said."

Gina huffs. "Whatever, Caswell. We have to stick together through this. It'll all blow over, but now I have a stupid suspension on my permanent record."

"It's your own fault," EJ reminds her.

"How is it my fault?"

"You were caught cheating in your classes! Do you think that just happens on its own?"

Gina glares at EJ. "That doesn't mean anyone had to tell on me. Who the hell would even dare to say that about me? I'm fairly positive that everyone I've cheated off of cheats too."

"Who have you cheated off of?" EJ asks boredly. He know she won't let this go.

"Grant, a bunch of lacrosse guys, the waterpolo team—"

"The whole team?"

Gina shrugs. "They have nice legs."

EJ rolls his eyes. "Who else?"

"Half the baseball team, Tyler Banks..." Gina trails off. "Wait a fucking minute."

"What?" EJ questions, confused.

"Nini." Gina stares EJ straight in the eye. "I used to get homework from Nini. That little bitch."

"Hold up, we don't even know it was her."

"And she knew Grant and I were a thing. She was the one who told Grant about us," Gina theorizes.

EJ furrows his brows. "Gina, let's not jump to conclusions here."

"Who else would it be, EJ? Don't you think it's a wild coincidence that both my suspension and the rumor about us being a thing happened on the same day?" Gina prods.

EJ breathes out dramatically. "I don't know."

"I do," Gina fumes. "And I'm going to do something about it."

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

sorry it's so short 😭 i'm so busy with thanksgiving tomorrow

tell me what you think tho!!!

-jenna