ten

"Okay, Nina. The car wash starts in an hour and the football team still isn't all here." Gina huffs dramatically as they set up the check-in booth in the EHS parking lot.

Nini puts a hand on Gina's shoulder comfortingly. "I'll tell EJ to get on it. Don't worry."

Gina takes a deep breath, trying to calm herself, plopping down in one of the chairs. She doesn't do so well in high stress situations.

"I know it'll all work out, but they're just so... frustrating," Gina vents. "It's like they don't care about having money for the sports program."

"I'm sure they care, G, they're just teenage boys. Studies have proven that females mature faster than males, therefore meaning that females are typically better with responsibility at a younger age," Nini reasons.

Gina shakes her head a bit. "I forgot you're so smart. It makes my head hurt hearing you talk sometimes."

Nini retracts her hand, a little put off by that statement.

Nini gnaws on the inside of her cheek, a habit her therapist told her she should work on stopping when she was... gone for a while.

Gina dramatically holds her head in her hands.

Nini doesn't think Gina meant what she said. She just loses her filter when she's stressed.

"I'll go check with the boys," Nini excuses herself.

"And Nini?" Gina calls after her.

Nini plasters on her fake smile and turns back around, awaiting what Gina might say.

"You'd better be wearing something cute under that big baggy t-shirt."

Nini nods, trying to maintain the smile, lifting the shirt to reveal her tank top and shorts.

Nini doesn't like to flaunt her body like most of the cheer girls do. Most of her wardrobe exists because of Gina's insisting that Nini has to dress a certain way to fit in with the cheer team.

Nini continues towards where she knows the boys will be, but takes a bit of a detour. She needs a second to collect herself before she has another conversation. Gina can be a bit draining at times.

By the time she gets inside the school and over to where the boys are messing around, she's able to fully bring back her smile.

"Alright, boys! We need you in the parking lot," Nini calls among them, smiling widely.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

i'm sorry, gina's a bad friend in this au :/

-jenna