nineteen

"I thought you were scared Ricky is onto something," Kourtney asks over video chat, confused.

"I thought I was too..." Nini trails off. "There was just something about him that intrigued me in that moment. I couldn't fathom saying no."

"That's odd." Kourtney furrows her eyebrows.

"Tell me about it. Everything just happened so fast." Nini groans, flopping back onto her bed. "Anyway, I have to go. Linda wants the kids together for a meeting or something."

"Alright, I'll talk to you later. Love you, Neens!" Kourtney blows a kiss and waves goodbye.

Nini smiles and hangs up.

Nini takes a deep breath and lays there for a second before pushing herself up and heading to the living room.

"Oh, good, we're all here." Linda clasps her hands together when she sees Nini enter.

Nini sits herself down on the couch in between Lia and Kyler with her other foster sibling, Willow, on the other side of Lia.

Willow is a sophomore at East High, but she has never acknowledged Nini at school before.

Nini doesn't really expect Willow to acknowledge her. They're not exactly friends.

"I want to take us all on a day trip somewhere," Linda starts with a smile. "This Saturday I have gotten us tickets to Utah's Hogle Zoo."

"What's a zoo?" Lia asks.

Nini pokes Lia in the side, making her giggle. "It's a place to see all the animals you've never seen before." Nini explains to the six-year-old.

Lia's eyes widen. "Like lizards?"

"Li, you've seen lizards before," Kyler reminds her, rolling his eyes.

"But I love lizards! Will lizards be there?" Lia looks to Linda excitedly.

Linda's smile remains spread across her face. "Yes, Lia, there will be lizards."

Lia squeals. "Lizards!"

Nini laughs at the younger girl's antics. Nini can't even remember a time she was so excited about something as simple as lizards.

Maybe a trip to the zoo with her foster siblings is what she needs right now.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

"family" time!! well, as family as it can get, anyway

-jenna