eight

Nini doesn't know why, but the thought of Ricky lurking around and asking questions about her to other people is freaking her out a bit.

There are only two people her age that know the real reason she missed school for a few months last year, and she knows that one of them wouldn't spill, but the other? She wasn't so sure.

When Nini heard that Ricky had been asking about Ashlyn, that's when she really began to worry.

Nini and Ashlyn have history that Nini isn't proud of and certainly doesn't want leaked. Ashlyn isn't the kind of girl that would share Nini's personal information when they're friends, but Nini doesn't think they qualify as friends anymore.

"Hey, Nini, what's up?" Kourtney asks when she answers Nini's FaceTime call.

Nini looks around her room to be sure the door is closed and Lia is not around before she responds. "Just need to talk," Nini says in a small voice, biting the inside of her lip.

Kourtney shifts in her bed. "Yeah, of course. Anytime, Neens. Do you want to talk about it or to distract from it?"

Nini scrunches her face nervously. "Distract, please."

"Okay, but before we do, have you had dinner? I can bring you something if you'd like."

"No, I'm okay. Linda made a casserole of some sort." Nini shrugs.

"Did you eat it?" Kourtney asks.

"Did I have a choice?" Nini vaguely jokes.

Kourtney allows herself a small smile, but Nini knows it's out of pity.

These days, it feels like most people do things for her out of pity.

~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~

what do you think is up with nini??

-jenna