25

"Prophet Cookie, it's been so long! I didn't know you were in the City of Wizards, much less taking the same train as us!"

"I had to get to the City of Wizards to continue some trainings! How did you even know we had to go to the Archives?"

Prophet Cookie held his purple crystal ball up, unamused.

"Oh."

"That was scary..." Roguefort murmured.

"Was that your sister, Roguefort? I think she's called Mozzarella Cookie?"

"I think the masked Cookie is, they have the same icy eyes as my sister..."

The three Cookies were walking along the path, the forcefield now strong thanks to Prophet's magic powder that he willingly shared to the two Cookies.

Almond still had the crossbow in his hand, ready to shoot if any intruders were to attack.

Roguefort's eyes were still darting around, the icy glare of his sister still deeply embedded in his mind, giving him when the image resurfaced in his mind.

Prophet was still holding up his crystal ball, the ball emitting a faint glow and occasionally a flame.

"We have to be incredibly cautious then...I'm sure she has more than that trick up her sleeve."

"Obviously...she will have more than that..."

"Hey, at least you two are safe on the way here, this barrier is basically over-powered."

"Sure, but what about on the way back...?"

"Don't think about it too much! We'll be fine."

~~

"They got away! You promised that you would stop them!"

The tanned Cookie screamed into the metal device, enraged.

On the receiving end of the words, the masked Cookie remained a poker face, standing in a dark alley.

"No amount of physical damage will break the magical barrier they prepared; the magic was heavy, meaning they must've had a powerful Cookie or source of magic. It is simply impossible that we stop them from reaching the Archives."

"Then what? We made a deal, and I will gladly break that promise if you don't do your part!"

"I never proposed that I wouldn't do my part. In fact, there is still a way to conceal the past. Who says that we can't stop them from telling the truth?"

A glimmer in the tanned Cookie's eyes.

"That's it! You can stop them once they step foot out of the Archives."

"Precisely. Now, please do not bother me for my preparations."

Mozzarella grinned, a sinister smile plastered on her face as she hung up.

"The fool really fell for my trap. They will have nothing left if this fails, and nothing more if this succeeds..."

~~

"Here's the Archives!"

An enormous structure stood before them, giant open doors and regal-looking pillars. The place radiated a an old, yet royal aura, and the smell of paper wafted out like a cup of cocoa in a freezing winter.

Delicate carvings of moons and stars laced the doors, while mysterious carvings of ancient magical symbols adjourned the outer walls.

"Woah..."