1

The sun shone brightly, its rays reflecting on the mirror in Almond's hand.

"Almond, are you done?"

"Yes, mother, I'll be right there."

Almond Cookie pushed open the door and ran down the stairs of his home. The Nuts were quite rich, mainly because of the money they get after solving crimes. But Almond didn't know the truth yet.

All he knew was that his mother and father took turns working every alternate day at a business that made them a lot of money, and he didn't question it any further.

Occasionally his father Pecan Cookie would come back with a few minor injuries, but his mother Cashew Cookie always reassured him that it was just some minor accidents.

He believed in his parents, and they believed in him, too.

Dragging along his heavy backpack, he arrived at the dining table, where his father was waiting for him.

"All packed up?"

"Yes, dad."

"Good."

Almond put his backpack on the floor, sitting on the cushioned chair.

"Watch out, incoming food!"

Cashew Cookie set the jellies on the table, which were still simmering hot; she wasn't the most talented at cooking, but she knew the basics.

"I can't believe you're finally going on the summer camp! That was where I and your father met. You're going to have so much fun, and learn so many skills there!"

"Mom, what am I going to learn there?"

"Well, you're going to learn survival skills," Cashew shouted from the kitchen, "and team up with other cookies, so you're going to improve your teamwork as well."

"Cashew, let's eat first. You can wash the dishes later." Pecan Cookie replied.

"Alright."

The mother put down her pan on the kitchen table and sat down at the table.

"Cheers!"

Pecan Cookie held up his glass.

Smiling, Almond and Cashew did the same.

"To a happier future!"

~♤~

"Survival skills, eh? I see... that will be good for your future."

Cheddar Cookie looked at the brochure for his son's summer camp, sitting in an armchair.  Next to him on the sofa were Gouda and Mozzarella Cookie, both watching a drama on the television about a Cookie that was a wanted thief.

Finally, there was Roguefort Cookie, his backpack on the floor, eating his morning jellies on the dining table, lost in thought.

"That is definitely not how Cookies do crimes. Seriously? Park your car right in front of the bank? With all the security cameras? Then drive away and somehow miraculously get away with, like 5 police cars chasing you? Really? This is just unrealistic."

"This is how Cookies perceive us thieves, Mozza. They don't realise our intelligence."

"Please, Roguefort is still here. Calm down."

Hearing his name, he turned to the rest of the family, snapping out of his thoughts.

"What, father?"

"Nothing. Finish your meal, we're heading to the station soon."

"Alright."

Roguefort Cookie ate his jellies in silence, putting his plate into the kitchen after he finished, several questions in his head.