24

"The next train to the City of Wizards is in one week, from the Badlands Depot, then across Happy Healthy Hamlet, then Main City is its last stop before it arrives at the City of Wizards. It arrives at the Main City stop at 2pm and arrives at the City of Wizards at 3pm...that's a long ride!"

"Exactly one week after?"

"Yep! I'll book tickets for you two if you're comfortable?"

"Sure!"

The older Cookie pressed the button on her cellphone, the beeping noise indicating her payment was successful.

"There we go! The tickets will be delivered shortly...you sure you don't need me to come with you two?"

"Nah, BBP told me she needs us two in specific. Plus, we have the magic powder that she gave us! We'll be fine."

~♤~

"Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near."

The masked and tanned Cookies sat in a study, a map of Cookieland planted on the table. Pens and chess pieces were scattered across the wooden surface; two Kings and two Queens were placed directly on the map, alongside a few black and white pawns.

"A wise soldier you are indeed." the tanned Cookie nodded their head.

"I am simply a tool of chaos. Our forces will all be in disguise, for storming the City of Wizards without magical protection will never work."

"And you will be on the afternoon train?"

"Precisely. You may come too, if you wish."

"I'll leave that up to you."

"Very well then. According to my sources..."

The masked Cookie moved the White Queen to the City of Wizards, keeping the black Queen in the Main City.

"The two Cookies we target," the weapon continued, "will take the train to the City of Wizards. Since you will be staying here, I will launch the attack once they get off the train."

"So our forces will be waiting at the train station?"

"Precisely. You, here, will have a tablet for you to give out instructions to your troops and control the security cameras so no one will have to take responsibility after all this is done."

"Understood."

"When all goes as planned..."

"It will be checkmate for those two."

~♤~

"I wish them luck on their endeavors."

"Truly, this is my last chance."

"Revenge, once and for all."

"The truth will finally be untold."

~~

"Remember to stay safe! Be very cautious."

The two Cookies were at the back door of the Nuts' mansion once more. Cashew had dressed them up in completely different disguises, hidden protective gear in their suits. Although Roguefort didn't really like the outfit, it did give him a sense of reassurance that he was going to be fine after all that has happened, as he did have multiple concealed weapons. He did promise himself never to kill, so he was also slightly unsure what he would do if something actually happened.