21

"You will be my best friend forever, right? No matter what?"

"Of course! That's a promise!"

"Cream Unicorn Cookie, you saw it! Now we're definitely going to be together forever!"

"A promise bonded here...truly magical..."

~~

"Oh, you're up, Roguefort? Are your legs alright?"

"I think they're fine now. they just hurt when I bend them."

"That's great!"

Two weeks had passed since the Cookieland visit and the chase.

Both Almond and Roguefort had been extremely exhausted that day, Roguefort occasionally freezing in his spot due to remembering the things that had happened.

During those times, Almond would reassure him that he was safe, to which his mental health slowly got better and better.

"Boys! I made jellies for breakfast!"

Cashew's voice signaled the readied breakfast, a common occurrence now that Roguefort had adjusted to life under the roof of painted roll cake wood.

"Got it, mom!"

Almond hopped down from the top level of his bunk bed.

The two Cookies were in Almond's room, the lower level of the bunk bed originally where Almond had kept his books. Roguefort had requested to move to Almond's room instead of having his own room in the mansion after recent events, and Cashew had let him do so, knowing he definitely had his reasons.

And thus, Roguefort and Almond shared the bunk bed in Almond's room.

Roguefort, standing up from his bed, stretched and jumped for a few times.

"Morning, Almond."

"Morning, Roguefort! Did you have a nice rest?"

"Yeah. Thank you a lot for taking me in, any other family would have just turned me in to some authority, or if they knew who I was, who knows what they would have done..."

"Hey, no problem! That's what friends do. Plus, my mom is completely fine with this, so we're good!"

"Boys! The jellies are getting cold!"

"Coming, mom!"

Roguefort exited the room, while Almond noticed a familiar note lying between two papers on his desk.

The note from BBP.

He'd forgotten about the trip to the City of Wizards after all that had happened!

~~

The two Cookies ran down the stairs to get their breakfast, the smell of freshly fried Jellies washing through the air.

"That looks amazing!"

"Eat up, both of you! You must be hungry."

Both Cookies took their seat at the table, Roguefort taking the extra seat next to Almond.

They ate in silence and gratitude, as each one of the Cookies delved into their own thoughts.

Just as the three Cookies were about to finish their meals, Almond suddenly spoke up.

"Hey, mom, would it be fine to take a trip to the City of Wizards soon?"

"The City of Wizards? But why? I'd recommend waiting a little bit more. You guys just had a run-in with Roguefort's family two weeks ago..."