13

"BBP...?"

Almond was staring at the letter in a confused state. Who was BBP?

Plus, he'd never been to the City of Wizards before, and he didn't know where the Archives were.

And he had to call Roguefort, who most definitely hadn't went there, as well?!

This was going to be a hard task.

It was a week after the mysterious incident at Buttercream Choco's, and Almond was already starting to miss Roguefort.

A friend really did mean a lot to him.

"Hey, was that the letter on your desk today?"

Almond nearly jumped out of his seat when he heard his mother's voice next to him.

"Mom! Don't scare me like that!"

"Hehe, sorry."

The female Cookie looked at the letter Almond was holding.

"The Archives? It's an interesting place. Books fill every single corner of that library."

"I've never been there. It'll be an interesting experience."

"Going with Roguefort? Interesting."

"Mom, you approved of our friendship 3 months ago! He's my best friend. Plus, I really want to know what BBP has to say to us."

"I didn't say I was going to stop you," Cashew chuckled.

~~

"What's that letter, Almond?"

"Nothing, mom."

"I'm sure it's important."

Cashew took the letter from Almond, quickly skimming through the words of her late husband.

Almost immediately, tears brimmed the edges of her eyes once again.

"Pecan...he knew he was going to be targeted..."

"Mom, I'm sorry for not telling you sooner. I'm shocked as well."

Wiping the tears away from her eyes, Cashew pulled Almond into an embrace.

"Don't worry. We'll get through this together, alright? Be strong, for both of us."

Almond smiled, knowing his secret was safe with his mother.

"Also, you have a friendship with Roguefort? He's the heir of the Cheeses..."

"Are you okay with that, mom?"

"I'm fine, as long as he doesn't pose any harm towards you. Pecan even says to treasure your friendship. I can't really stop a bond like this, can I?"

"Thanks, Mom. I love you."

"Love you too. And I'm sure your father loves you dearly too."

~~

"Isn't BBP supposed to be the current librarian of the Archives? The Pies take care of the Archives, do they not?" Cashew suggested.

The mother and son were thinking of who BBP was, Cashew evidently having more knowledge of the City of Wizards than Almond did.