12

Three Months Later...

Roguefort is 16. Others retain their previous ages.

"Where are you? Buttercream Choco's waiting!"

"I'm coming, you know that I have to take a detour every time to avoid being caught."

"Ah, right, be here in 10 or we won't wait."

"Okay, fine."

Roguefort slipped his phone in his pocket before leaping to the next building, his cape billowing in the wind.

Over 3 months, he had mastered the arts of parkour and illusions. He still had to work on actual combat and the use of weapons(most of them which he was too afraid to touch), and Almond had rescheduled the meeting with Buttercream Choco, just 3 months later.

He'd spent his birthday with his family, though he really didn't have a choice, and his gift was not training for a day. It didn't seem much, but as the training grew tiresome, he knew it was a great gift.

His family had also gifted him with his disguise; resembling the cheeses with a suit and a cape in a bright yellow with a few blue spots and a top hat. Despite him not being proud of his ancestry, he'd accepted; he knew that no one would recognise him in this.

This was his "first mission": stealing a thing from Buttercream Choco's mansion.

He'd planned to steal something small, like a bar of soap or even a tissue roll; they weren't worth much.

Finally, he landed in the huge garden of the mansion; entering the mansion and easily navigating to the Cookie's bedroom, where Almond and Buttercream were.

"Woah, you came in here by yourself?!" Buttercream Choco exclaimed.

"Roguefort! I'm so glad you're okay, I haven't seen you in months!"

Almond rushed towards the Cookie, embracing him in a hug. Roguefort's mouth was in an O before he smiled and returned the hug.

Buttercream coughed a bit, diverting the two Cookies' attention back to him.

"Hehe, sorry to break the atmosphere. But I think we have to finish translating the book before my mother comes back."

"Geez, thanks for ruining the moment." Almond chuckled, "but yeah, we don't have that much time."

"Let's go then."

Buttercream Choco held up the keys and got a flashlight.

"Lead the way, you rich Cookie."

"I can't control which family I'm born in."

The Cookies went down a series of stairs, each one steeper than the rest. Almond was extra careful; Roguefort went down the stairs without a sound, reminding the other Cookies of a ghost.

His training kind of paid off, as Buttercream slightly scared the other two Cookies with every loud step on the metal stairs.

"What's with your outfit?"

"I swear, you're the only people that would recognise me in this. It's my...family costume."

After the final flight of stairs, Buttercream opened a wooden door, the cracking sound of it frightening Almond.

"Finally, that took too long," Roguefort exclaimed.

Buttercream shone the flashlight in the room, lighting it up.

"We're in the deepest part of the mansion's basement. Come in."

The three Cookies stepped into the room. Dust lined the walls, the room echoing every step the Cookies took.