5

Almond ran back to the Blackberry dorm, Roguefort trailing behind, unreadable expressions plastered on both their faces. They had half an hour of free time, and the others were at the dorm. Quickly, Almond opened the door to the Blackberry dorm with a bang, attracting the rest of the Cookies' attention.

"What happened, Almond?" Prophet Cookie asked.

"Did something go wrong?" Pilot Cookie added.

"I can't believe it..."

In a flash, he was on the ground, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Almond!"

Prophet and Pilot Cookie rushed towards him, trying to comfort him, yet everyone was confused.

At the same time, Roguefort reached the Blackberry dorm, panting.

"Get him inside the dorm, let's not attract others."

The two Cookies dragged a devastated Almond Cookie into the room, Roguefort shutting the door quietly behind them.

"What happened, Roguefort? What in the world happened?"

Roguefort let out a deep sigh, trying to compose himself and not break down as well.

"It's a long story..."

~♤~

"Almond, Roguefort, please stay behind."

The two Cookies stopped dead in their tracks at the sound of the male instructor's voice.

"What is it, instructor?"

Almond and Roguefort both turned their heads, as the instructor sounded quite serious; did they get in trouble for anything?

"Do you know the stories of your families' rivalries?"

As if two question marks popped up over their heads, the two Cookies stared at the instructor in complete, utter confusion.

"Uh...no?" Roguefort answered.

The female instructor, walking up to the male instructor a tablet in her hands, asked, "Do they know?"

"They're clueless," he replied, "they're completely clueless as to what's happening in the outside world."

"Care to ask, but why are you telling us information that we shouldn't know...I think?" Almond suspiciously asked.

The female instructor lonly replied by letting out a deep sigh, causing the two Cookies to tense up.

"The conflict between your families recently made headlines."

"What do you mean? Are you making this up to fool us? We've never heard of this--"

"See for yourself. This is the news from today."

The female instructor held out her tablet. The two Cookies stared at the screen, silently processing the news.

"The Nuts and Cheeses are back at it again - famous detective Pecan Cookie was found dead in an alley this morning, with a note saying 'Revenge for my mother'."

"Wait, what?!" Almond shouted, "That can't be true!"

Both Cookies stared at the female instructor in utter shock. The instructor sadly nodded and continued the video.

"It is suspected that this is the doing of Mozzarella Cookie, the daughter of the Cheeses, and her mother, Gouda Cookie."

"Gouda is...my mother, which means...Mozza?" Roguefort muttered, "But why would she do such a thing?"