9

"Cookies! Ensure that you've taken all your belongings. We won't be coming back to the campsite."

All the Cookies were on the playground in neat lines according to the teams they were in. Some were happy to leave, and some were not; some missed their families, while others dreaded the day they'd have to return.

"Before you leave, we want to say a few words to you all," the male instructor stepped up to speak, "I won't accompany you all on the tour bus back."

"Me neither," the female instructor added, "the guide Cookie you saw on the first day will accompany you back to the station where your parents will pick you up."

"We've seen all of you grow and improve your skills in the past five days."

"And we're really proud of you all. No matter what happens, remember to not give up."

"So, with that, it's the end of this camp."

A round of applause was heard from all the Cookies, grateful for the experience.

"Thank you so much for being here, and we hope you learnt something from these few days!"

~~

"Hey, Roguefort, are we going to meet up on Sunday  to see the book at Buttercream Choco's house?"

"Yeah, why?"

The Cookies were all on the tour bus -  Almond and Roguefort were sitting together, just like the day they came. All the other Cookies had their own things to do: whether it was to add all of their teammates' phone numbers or to catch up on sleep that they didn't get during the camp.

"I don't know why, but I have a hunch that I won't be able to go," Almond muttered, looking down at the badge they created in his two Cookie hands.

"That's weird...I have the same feeling too, god knows what our parents will do to us back home."

"You won't hate me, right? No matter what they do to you?"

"Of course not. You'd still be my friend even after 10, 20, 30 years."

"Promise?"

Roguefort turned over to look Almond in the eye, and what he saw was fear. Almond was terrified; he was scared for what his friend's family would do to him, and he would lose his only friend.

"Hey, it'll be fine," Roguefort consoled Almond, patting his shoulder, "we can still hang out once they give us a bit more freedom."

"Won't they find out?"

"We can just hang out with the Blackberry team! Calm down, it'll be fine."

"B-but..."

"It'll be fine. I'll be fine, we're all going to be fine after we find out what's in that ancient book. We can solve this rivalry. It's like our families are two islands, and we can build the bridge that connects them again, okay?"

"Thanks, Roguefort."

Despite Almond to seemingly have calmed down on the outside, his fear never left him, like a shadow that towered over him. But he knew he had to be strong; Roguefort didn't even look scared, so he knew he had to trust his friend.

"Cookies! We are 5 minutes away from our destination!" the tour guide announced through the mic in a cheerful voice, "pack up if you decided to unpack on the bus!"

Almond glanced around to find that due to the huge amount of seats, many Cookies had taken out their video games to play on other seats, connecting to the USB ports on the bus. A more detailed look and he figured that he and Roguefort were the only ones that only occupied one seat and sat next to another Cookie.